Ruger 10/22

.45ACPKimber

I just wanted to sing praises of the 10/22. I took it out to shoot for the first time today. I shot roughly 500 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever.

Thank you Ruger for an excellent product!

Oh man my 10/22 has had tens of thousands of rounds put threw it. I love that thing, perfect plinking/small game gun. Tons of accessories for it too. My friend makes fun of me cause the scope on my 10/22 cost 3 times what the gun did, but shooting dimes at 50yards is loads of fun, as is poppin varmints at 100yards. First thing I would say to do to it is replace that bolt lock so it doesnt lock back when the magazine is empty, it actually makes a big difference when swappin mags on it.

JD

I just wanted to sing praises of the 10/22. I took it out to shoot for the first time today. I shot roughly 500 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever.

What are you running for ammo? Mine jams constantly.

Many brands of .22 have a coating to protect the brass. Take a box of shells and place them in a jar, pour some lighter fluid over them, swirl around, strain out rounds, lay them out to dry it won't take long. the same fluid can clean several boxes. I clean as many as I want to shoot at this range visit. I find there is less fowling. A few FTF's but I have those anyway and fewer FTE's. Works for me and I get to shoot more before I have fowling problems.

I'm 46 now and have had mine since I was 16....never failed me and is the best little rifle I've ever had. A Classic...

Caribou:260872 said:
Many brands of .22 have a coating to protect the brass. Take a box of shells and place them in a jar, pour some lighter fluid over them, swirl around, strain out rounds, lay them out to dry it won't take long. the same fluid can clean several boxes. I clean as many as I want to shoot at this range visit. I find there is less fowling. A few FTF's but I have those anyway and fewer FTE's. Works for me and I get to shoot more before I have fowling problems.

Good point, I pour mine out onto a old tshirt and spray them with brake cleaner to remove the residue and when dry lightly mist them with wd40 and load them onto the mag. never had a jam since, but go lightly on wd40.

Love my 10/22.
I inherited it from from my grandfather years ago.
Hard to tell how many rounds have been thru it.
I mainly shoot winchester through it and have never had problems.

Are you using factory mags? The cheap ones can jam, I've never had a problem otherwise, and I've had a 10/22for at least 30 years now.

My 10/22 was my first firearm (a whole 2 years ago), and I still love it and take it to the range whenever I go. I've put several hundred rounds of Remington .22LR ammo through it with only a few misfires, and never had a jam.

My 10/22 was my first weapon also. Got it when I turned 12, 41 years ago. I've shot it couple times a month since I got it. Can't even imagine how many rounds I've put through it. Never a jam with any brand of ammo. But, I have always used the factory magazines. Love mine hope my girls give me an heir to pass it along to.

What are you running for ammo? Mine jams constantly.

Im using the Federal Bulk ammo in the 525 count box. Got mine for $15.95 at Cabelas. I have a FTE issue at time but never jams. I also rerplaced the barrel myself so who knows about alignment and other little issues.

Has anyone used Ruger's new 25 round magazines? My friend had alot of issues with his feeding and jamming. I borrowed one and had no issues with it.

I've only used the factory 10 round mag. I've used golden bullet, federal bulk, and cci and I get FTE's and stove pipes constantly. Maybe mine's a lemon. I may send it back to Ruger but I'll try cleaning the ammo first. That's an interesting angle....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back