RMGO new owners suck

rforgy

Banning people for having the NRA emblem as their Avatar.

I can understand that.. It's a Trademarked and Copyrighted image.. If they allow someone to use it as an avatar... They open themselves up to a possable Lawsuit ...

I can understand that.. It's a Trademarked and Copyrighted image.. If they allow someone to use it as an avatar... They open themselves up to a possable Lawsuit ...

As a former moderator for several sites, I cannot understand banning as a first response to a minor problem.
There are other steps available with escalating consequences for dealing with forum users that need addressing.

1: Ask the user to change their behavior. (Please change the logo.)
2: Demand the user change their behavior. (Change the logo now, or it will be removed.)
3: Resolve the problem using administrative tools. (Your logo has been removed. Choose a suitable logo at your convenience.)
4: Suspend the users if the problem behavior continues. (Your account has been suspended from posting for one week for willful violation of the site rules.)
5: Ban the user accounts for repeated violations of site rules. (The site has rules covering the disciplinary process, right?)
6: Ban the problem user by email address/IP range/client ID/and other technological means. (For when the user just makes more accounts to evade a ban.)

As you can see, there are multiple options for dealing with problems. If the other site's moderators aren't using all their available tools, well, it's their loss. It will cost them more than just the occasional user and the site will be poorer because of it. That being said, no mention was made of whether the site tried any other option other than banning. Perhaps they did give the users a chance, perhaps not.

While banning is sometimes necessary immediately, it is a rare situation from my own experience.

Actually they are banning because they think the NRA is not 2nd amendment friendly. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

This is probably because the same guy that owns RMGO (Dudley Brown) also runs NAGR (national association for gun rights) he also bought coloradocarry from the person I sold it to and shut it down so as not to compete with RMGO

I get about 30 email a week from Dudley. Probably 29 are political and only 1 is firearm related. I'll have to look closer at his website. Thanks for the heads up!

it's ok to have nra bumper stickers and other nra stickers for your gear and what have you....and hats shirts and other items with the logo on it but some forum owner is banning it as an avatar? sounds a bit ridiculous to me
just my 2 cents

Banning for NRA avatar is pretty lame. I'm sure the will still accept your money though. Every email I get from him is asking for money. Gets tiresome.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back