Rhode Island Open Carry

kn1080

Anyone have any information? Is it legal?

I do believe it's legal with a carry permit from the AG, but not any police offices. I've also read somewhere that open carry up in the Northeast is generally a bad idea except in Vermont, New Hampshire, parts of Pennsylvania, and parts of Maine. A lot of local ordinances change quickly as you go town to town, and a lot of police officers are uneducated or have negative views about open carry.

But don't take my word for it, do some research and ask around.

I do believe it's legal with a carry permit from the AG, but not any police offices. I've also read somewhere that open carry up in the Northeast is generally a bad idea except in Vermont, New Hampshire, parts of Pennsylvania, and parts of Maine. A lot of local ordinances change quickly as you go town to town, and a lot of police officers are uneducated or have negative views about open carry.

But don't take my word for it, do some research and ask around.
That is correct, according to Link Removed. The problem is that the AG is may-issue. The problem there is that with discretion in issuing permits, there usually comes the ability to revoke permits at will. So, if the AG doesn't like OCers, he could revoke your permit if you do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back