Renewal of LTC problems....

tcpc33

I have to renew this year and have been hearing all sorts of problems with waiting periods. 2 months-3 months??

Well I just got my and it toke 3 month before it come in mail. That means after the state got pay so fbi is been slow on back rounds.

Just make sure you renew 90 days prior so It's not a big deal. What town are you in? In the end thats all that matters! What problem do you expect to encounter? If you already have an unrestricted permit I wouldn't worry about it. Please fill out your profile.

They have been running behind, so I'd recommend that you apply 60 days before expiration. By statute, the issuing authority has 7 days to submit to the State, then the State has 30 days to respond, and the entire process must be completed within 40 days.

You will receive a notice from the FRB approximately 3-4 weeks prior to expiration. It states "Be advised that Chapter 150 of the Acts of 2004 provide that if the holder applies for renewal prior to expiration of the LTC or FID card, it will remain valid for a period of 90 days after the stated expiration date, unless the application is denied." I'd suggest getting a receipt for your application, and good luck buying firearms or ammo until your new license arrives.

PS: I applied for renewal 60 days ago - nothing yet.

They have been running behind, so I'd recommend that you apply 60 days before expiration. By statute, the issuing authority has 7 days to submit to the State, then the State has 30 days to respond, and the entire process must be completed within 40 days.

You will receive a notice from the FRB approximately 3-4 weeks prior to expiration. It states "Be advised that Chapter 150 of the Acts of 2004 provide that if the holder applies for renewal prior to expiration of the LTC or FID card, it will remain valid for a period of 90 days after the stated expiration date, unless the application is denied." I'd suggest getting a receipt for your application, and good luck buying firearms or ammo until your new license arrives.

PS: I applied for renewal 60 days ago - nothing yet.

Are you saying, your LTC will remain valid for a period of 90 days after it has expired as long as your renewal was put in prior to the expired date? You posted this back on June 2011. Things have changed BIG time since, and once your LTC expires it's expired...period!

robmcd- Is this Chapter 150 of the Acts of 2004 only for MA. Residents and/or Non-Res.? I renewed as a Non-Res. and was told once it expires it expires. Someone please chime in on the answer .
Are you saying, your LTC will remain valid for a period of 90 days after it has expired as long as your renewal was put in prior to the expired date? You posted this back on June 2011. Things have changed BIG time since, and once your LTC expires it's expired...period!

I dont have the MGL in front of me to quote, but so long as you have a receipt for payment of your renewal, its valid for a period after the license itself expires. Im not sure how that applies to a non-res license, but for residents I beleive its 90 days.

So I'm guessing for MA residents your recpt. is given to you in person when you renew with the Chief?

To Sambo42xa I live in dighton ma and I never got a receipt or anything when I renewed for my unrestricted LTC. by the way my town is as slow as molasses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back