Remora Original "no clip" Concealment Holster

I just wanted to post my review of the Remora Holster. With a base price of approx $25 I was already interested in learning more and possibly trying one. I am currently waiting on my new Springfield XDs which should arrive in a couple weeks. I have already waited one month. I am already a returning customer of Old Faithful Holsters and am very happy with thier product. I have two O.F. holsters (Springfield 1911 and HK USPc 9mm). I wanted to predicate this review with this information to show that I am already a happy user of a hybrid type holster. I was researching holsters for the XDs and was considering the G-Code Incog holster (not available for XDs yet but will be) and a pocket holster for another option. I remembered Remora from when I was looking for my first concealment/IWB holster and I ended up on their website. Yes, these are pocket holsters too but I cannot speak to that as a function because I have not used it that way. Remora just happens to be having a sale this month and it is a buy one/get one free same size but the free one cannot have any upgrades such as a sweat shield (extended material to cover more of the handgun against the body) or reinforced top (allows for easier re-holstering). I bought one and it just so happens that the XDs and the HK USPc are the same sized holster so I have been able to use it and I have to say I am Impressed. I received both holsters in the same package within 5 days of ordering! The holster itself is lightweight and made out of a soft material. No Kydex or similar material at all. the outside of the holster is a rubberized material which is designed to keep it in place between your belt and body and is also waterproof. I tuck in a shirt into my boxers so nothing touches my skin directly. The holster does not move from the position you place it and can be placed at any cant of your choosing due to no clips that limits degree of cant or posisition on body. I wear this at about 4 o-clock and with a medium cant I find it conceales better because the grip of the gun follows the contour of my side. If fitment is not completely satisfactory the holster is able to be molded with a hair dryer, heating up holster, inserting gun, then placing in the freezer for a few minutes. I give this holster a 10 for comfort (my Old Faithful receives an 8 from me). I have to press this again..... This holster is very comfortable. I was gardening yesterday for a couple of hours and my rig stayed exactly where I originally placed it and I forgot that I was even wearing a gun. I do not even understand how this holster is so comfortable. This morning as I was exiting my car I even had to do a pat check to make sure I didn't forget my holster and gun. I didn't even notice I was wearing in the car which as many of you know a hybrid holster is tolerable but you are definately aware you are wearing one. I just had to pass this on to this forum because I was so impressed and surprised. Link Removed

Remora Original "no clip" Concealment Holster

I carry my XDs in a 6art remora every day. Remora defies practical physics. They do what they say. The name is the perfect descriptor. IMHO, it offers the best combat grip based on its design. Easy to get a good purchase on your pistol. Its a small holster with great retention and comfort. Art is a great guy and aims to please! Made in America, very inexpensive and great quality. I truly believe your pistol might have something go wrong with it before this holster would. Two for one is ridiculous.

Great review, escapee....!!
I bought one and have been pushing them ever since. I can use it with sweats, and it stays put. Really an awesome conceal-carry holster.

Second holster I bought for my Ruger SR9c. I also prefer my Old Faithful but do use the Remora on occasion. I only have three holsters and am satisfied with two of them.

Love the Remora! I have three, my husband has two. They are so comfortable you can sleep with them, you will forget you have it on.

I to have been using one for about a year now, Love it. I carry a Sig P-238 in it, and were shorts most of the time here in Las Vegas. I just purchased a Kimber Solo and will be ordering one for it!

I was at the NRA shindig at Houston. I saw another "remora" type holster maker there. I told a woman working there that I want a holster that goes up and cover the slide area (aka sweatshield), I took her blue gun and drew an outline of what I wanted the holster to do. She told me the holster is made for the gun. That didn't answer my question, but the show special was $20. I ordered one. I got it in the mail and it didn't have the sweatshield. I will use it until USPS delivers my Remora w/sweatshield.

Update: Now that I have been carrying with this holster for about a month now I have come to some conclusions. I didn't mention this in the OP but I received the base model Remora along with one with a reinforced top plus sweatshield. The Remora with no modifications is my preference due to being more comfortable and more concealable. The only downside is re-holstering due to the tension of the belt collapsing the opening. So, no practice while wearing it. I have to agree with some of the other posters on there that the sweatshield is desireable. I've noticed some sweat on my XDs on a couple of hot days lately. I will still use the reinforced top holster but for others who are looking for one and the ability to re-holster is not important I would urge you to consider sticking with the base model plus sweatshield. I will probably buy another one in the configuration I want and with the price of $25 I do not feel I am out much at all and consider it a learning situation. I hope this is helpful to anyone stumped with what holster to buy and I thank anyone who has replied with their 2 cents. You really just cannot go wrong with this holster due to price, functionality, concealability and comfort. Even if you have another holster you just love it just makes sense to me to have one of these for another option if nothing else.

I got my Remora late last week. I usually wear pull over shirts and everything is currently working out well.

The Remora with the sweatshield has been great for the no belt times…like sweats, exercise, around the house and run to the store stuff. Check out the Smart carry for the deep conceal times, like when relatives hug a lot or not much cover on hot days. Holsters are like firearms… one is never really enough! (Every Season) So the latest is a crossbreed or King Tuk type called MTR Custom Leather in horse hide. Thanks for the review, love it, glad I found mine.

They're offering 20% off this weekend. I'm going to order one now. I've never heard of them, but with all the great comments about it, I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks!

Thanks for posting your review. I ordered one last week (25% off + mag carrier deal) and look forward to trying it out. Got my first conceal carry weapon last week as well (S&W 442 Pro / moon clip). Off to do a lot of reading (and hopefully some range time) ...

I recommend getting the Remora "Tuckable" with sweat shield and no reinforcement. I used to have the Remora with reinforcement and sweat shield. But Now I only use my Remora Tuckable, it is great. It comes with a belt clip you can use, but if you prefer no belt clip you can take it off.
With no reinforcement it is thinner and conceals better, yet still easy to draw from. One really great holster.

:dirol:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back