Red Dot Pistol

NCIC105

I have a BSA red dot on my S&W 22A...It ran around 85.00... Shoots good....I squirrel hunt with this set up. Someone told me the other day that a better red dot would help in the woods...I've seen some of the red dots over 400.00..

What makes these worth the price?

Higher priced red dots usually have smaller "dots" (easier to aim at longer distances, instead of blocking out an entire squirrel at 100 yds, would only cover part of it for example) and are of higher quality build and materials....

There is always something better and more expensive that you could buy to replace what you are currently using; if not then there will be very soon. If you can hit what you are aiming at with your current set up I would tell that person that you are a good shot and therefore don't require any of those other devices but he is more than welcome to purchase which ever one he feels is necessary to compensate for his lack of shooting skills.

Dad raised us boys to squirrel hunt with pistols when we were teens...One of the of the best skills he taught us!........Thanks for the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back