Range Rules

Doesn't annoy me. I ignore that sign as I believe it pertains to the guns you are USING at the range. It is a safety issue, which I respect, since there are enough idiots in the world who have accidentally shot someone at the range. However, the gun that I am concealing is not a safety issue since it remains in my holster while I am shooting.

BTW, I am always carrying concealed at the range and practicing with a separate gun. Just don't like the feeling of being "naked."

That's pretty much what I always thought the rule was about, too. It had not even occured to me that there should be an issue with my loaded but holstered gun.

I trust myself and I'd probably trust you when it comes to firearm safety. I don't trust Joe Schmoe out there wandering around without a clue. I'd much rather be out in the sticks shooting at stumps but that option isn't available to me. As a result it's the ranges and their rules for me.

I realize that many people including you dont have an abundance of places to shoot other than a range, and I know for a fact there are tons of stupid people out there that probably shouldnt have guns. I just cant help but notice the similarities between the logic of the anti-gun laws, and the rules of range officers. Both assume all gun owners are not to be trusted. I didnt like being treated like a criminal when I got my fingerprints taken for a CC permit, and I dont like being treated like an idiot at the range. Only difference for me is that I can choose to not support being treated like an idiot at the range and go somewhere else. IMO, the only rules a range should have should be the basic NRA rules like keep your gun pointed in a safe direction, etc.
So what it comes down to is, we need to get you to an even more gun friendly state with more places available to shoot :)

I've never had an issue at my gun club. Fully loaded, open carry in a holster. For membership meetings, competitions, and standard range practice.

"Originally Posted by CharlieK:240152

The range signs that really irk me are these: ALL FIREARMS ARE LOADED, NO EXCEPTIONS. I got an indoor range and gun shop in Albuquerque to change their sign that said that when I pointed out that it means that I can't come into their shop with an unloaded gun. They meant, of course, that all guns are TO BE TREATED AS LOADED. But I pointed out that it does NOT say that. They changed it."

You should treat all firearms as if they were loaded. Its a gun way to keep from shooting yourself or someone else! To correct spelling --- Its a "Good" way!
Well, duh! Of course, but as I said in my post, the sign didn't say that; it said that all firearms are loaded. Treating them as if they are loaded is not the same as saying that they ARE loaded.

"Originally Posted by CharlieK:240152

The range signs that really irk me are these: ALL FIREARMS ARE LOADED, NO EXCEPTIONS. I got an indoor range and gun shop in Albuquerque to change their sign that said that when I pointed out that it means that I can't come into their shop with an unloaded gun. They meant, of course, that all guns are TO BE TREATED AS LOADED. But I pointed out that it does NOT say that. They changed it."

Well, duh! Of course, but as I said in my post, the sign didn't say that; it said that all firearms are loaded. Treating them as if they are loaded is not the same as saying that they ARE loaded.

If I'd seen that I would have thought "Seems odd but alright if they insist, let's load them!" ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back