[Question] Weapons 'prohibited' at work but no sign posted, CCW allowed? (WI)

randomranger

Hello,
I'm a new CCW (Wisconsin) carrier and was looking for some guidance. My work has a "no weapons policy", specifically:
All weapons are strictly prohibited from the workplace unless carried by an officer of the law or where laws protect individuals’ rights in this regard
however there are no 5x7 signs posted on the building about not allowing firearms. Would my CCW qualify as "laws protecting individuals' rights?"
My place of work is also in Wisconsin.

It is incumbent upon you, as an employee, to abide by your company's policies. How was the "No Weapons Policy" articulated to you, orally during in-processing, or in written policy handbook? In whatever manner, you are aware of the policy so the onus is on you to decide what is more important to you, your job or carrying in violation of of the policy.

Being new to carrying can make one feel empowered and the CCW license gives carte blanche to the licensee. Sorry, 'taint so and better to abide by your employer's rules!

Ain't that the truth.
G: You must have one of those CCW badges imprinted in your mind. Does "psychosis" ring a bell with you? Could it be that you had a trauma in your life associated with a badge, or an unobtainable wish to be a law enforcement officer?

Maybe ask this question in the WI thread? I work on a military base and it doesn't matter that I have three CCW permits. Especially if your state is "at-will" they can fire you for any reason. If your job says no guns then you carry at your own risk of employment. For a while, I worked at Cabela's at the gun counter and couldn't carry. When I came in on my off time on the other side of the counter I did carry. YMMV.

Maybe ask this question in the WI thread? I work on a military base and it doesn't matter that I have three CCW permits. Especially if your state is "at-will" they can fire you for any reason. If your job says no guns then you carry at your own risk of employment. For a while, I worked at Cabela's at the gun counter and couldn't carry. When I came in on my off time on the other side of the counter I did carry. YMMV.
Never, during my military career was there ever any authorization for CCW or open carry on post. For those living in government family quarters, we were allowed to keep our private weapons there however, the weapons had to be registered in our unit arms room. I have been retired for over 46 years and, to my knowledge, that policy has not changed and I seriously doubt it ever will.

Company policy is company policy so unless you talk to your supervisor I would say it’s pretty clear that when they say they have a no guns policy, it means no guns and if you’re caught with one it could mean your job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back