Question about CCDW picture size

ParrotHead

Hello,
I just received my certificate in the mail and need to go the the Sherriff's office with picture, payment, etc.

I see people giving all kinds of different sizes for the picture that is needed.
My instructor said a passport photo, but I read elsewhere that's too small.
I've also seen anywhere from 3 1/2 x 5" to 4" x 5", but these are not common sizes.

What is the correct size that needs to be presented???:fie:

Don't they use this picture to put onto the permit? Surely a 4 x 5 picture would have to be shrunk down, so why not just use a smaller one??

I don't get it :hang3:

Hello,
I just received my certificate in the mail and need to go the the Sherriff's office with picture, payment, etc.

I see people giving all kinds of different sizes for the picture that is needed.
My instructor said a passport photo, but I read elsewhere that's too small.
I've also seen anywhere from 3 1/2 x 5" to 4" x 5", but these are not common sizes.

What is the correct size that needs to be presented???:fie:

Don't they use this picture to put onto the permit? Surely a 4 x 5 picture would have to be shrunk down, so why not just use a smaller one??

I don't get it :hang3:

Just go spend 5 bucks at the sheriff's office and they'll take the picture for you.

I'm in Floyd Co. here, The instructor of my class took our photos as part of the class. Our photo's were a standard 4x6. We took them into the sheriff's office and they sent them off with our paperwork, they took care of re-sizing them to put on our CCDW's. The main thing, make sure that it's a good clear photo. For all it really matters, you could take your own photo wiht a digital camera, take the SD card to Wal Mart to make a "hard copy" for them to us. If you do your own, have a neutral blank background, no hat, nothing hindering the face.

passport photo is too small
the space on the application is 5x5
I was told that the state police scan the photo and if its too small it wont scan and they will reject it, so larger is better.

I have used and taken for others, many times, photos for this.

all I do is have them stand next to a white wall and get so close that there is just a small space above their head on top and the collar bone is shown on the bottom.
print it as a 4x6 and trim the sides down.

When you go to Walmart, Walgreens, etc., and ask for a "Standard Passport Photo," The picture they give you should actually be approximately 4x6 with your face filling up most of the space top to bottom. The actual photo that you would see on a passport is too small, but that is not what you are asking for at the store, it has been shrunk down. For CCDW, they request that the photo be 3.5" x 5" up to 4" x 6" because they will shrink it down for your CCDW permit.

When you go to Walmart, Walgreens, etc., and ask for a "Standard Passport Photo," The picture they give you should actually be approximately 4x6 with your face filling up most of the space top to bottom. The actual photo that you would see on a passport is too small, but that is not what you are asking for at the store, it has been shrunk down. For CCDW, they request that the photo be 3.5" x 5" up to 4" x 6" because they will shrink it down for your CCDW permit.

Yeah, my sheriff's office took the picture for $5 (not the greatest quality, I'll admit) but it got the job done with one less shop somewhere else.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back