Quandry...is it Open carry or Concealed carry if..

Riverkilt

If wear my K Bar J Back Country chest holster with my Beretta PX4 sub compact in the holster and a wear the holster under my left arm enough so that the gun is concealed under a jacket or vest, but the holster leather strap is obvious across my chest.

Anyone that knew firearms would look and say, "He's wearing a chest holster." So there's no real secret. But the gun IS concealed and someone who had no clue what the holster leather strap they could see was part of might not realize it was for a gun...

Since I'm in Arizona and have a concealed permit doesn't much matter for me. More wondering about the legal quandry....

Tucson here

If wear my K Bar J Back Country chest holster with my Beretta PX4 sub compact in the holster and a wear the holster under my left arm enough so that the gun is concealed under a jacket or vest, but the holster leather strap is obvious across my chest.

Anyone that knew firearms would look and say, "He's wearing a chest holster." So there's no real secret. But the gun IS concealed and someone who had no clue what the holster leather strap they could see was part of might not realize it was for a gun...

Since I'm in Arizona and have a concealed permit doesn't much matter for me. More wondering about the legal quandry....

As you know, constitutional carry is legal in AZ, so open carry is not the only option for those who don't have a ccw & r legal 2 carry. Before, if you could only carry open, the letter if the law stated "if any PART of the holster was visible" it would tech be legal. Back on the early '90's, a black man wearing all black, black gun & black holster (in Phoenix) was carrying legally open on his belt. He was arrested because since everything was black, a quick look would easily oversee the gun. I can't remember distinctly if it was thrown out (prob was) , but what we have learned is its best to not skate the legality line, & it's not about right or wrong but whose lawyer can sling the best BS.

So get the "part of the holster" visible....so part of the leather holding the holster wouldn't count as the holster itself. Trying to stay with the definition...

Ironic, since of all the holsters I have the chest carry is the most comfy and in a great crossdraw position....just can't fully conceal it unless I put it under a shirt and even then it prints like I'm shoplifting something under there...

I'm confused. Since AZ no longer requires a cc permit to carry any way you desire, how can there possibly be a "legal quandary" whether you show or not? The only advantage a permit gives you is in allowing you to carry in a reciprocal state, yes?

Or am I missing something here?

Make your day a good one! Jay P.

Open carry: Gun is visible.
Concealed carry: Gun is not visible.

Thank you Deserteagle. How about just a hint of common sense about CC. This is one of several threads that just require someone to stop "overthinking" this issue and using a little common sense. I guess it cannot hurt to err on the cautious side and ask the question, but c'mon.

Looking at the definition....yes, for sure understand that my state allows most anyone to carry concealed without a permit and since I live on the state line understand that having an AZ permit helps out of state.

So if I was carrying like that - in a chest holster with a jacket or vest open in front where you could see the holster belt would you say I was open carrying or concealed carrying....looking at how folks would see it. I understand that both are legal in Arizona.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back