Puerto Rico CCW Laws or Regulations???

Scaci7

I'm am going on vacation in a few months in Puerto Rico and I would like to know what are the laws or requirements when it comes to me bringing my pistol down there. Anything would help .

Thank you

So is there any way that I would be able to bring my gun down there? Maybe I can get some kind of (Temporary Permit ) from the Puerto Rico police or anything like that?

So is there any way that I would be able to bring my gun down there? Maybe I can get some kind of (Temporary Permit ) from the Puerto Rico police or anything like that?

Each state is different. If you have a permit in PR, since it is a US Territory, I'm guessing(!!!) that it would be honored here in Alabama and other states that honor permits from any other state. I, however, am not sure about that, and you didn't stipulate whether or not you even have a permit in PR (or if it's even possible to get one), so it may be a totally moot point anyway. Since carry and possession laws vary widely from state to state, no one here can give you a definitive answer unless you tell us where you'll be vacationing in the States, and even then, most states that honor other states' permits do so through "reciprocity agreements," and depending on what state(s) you're planning on visiting, most of us would have to do the same research you could do on your own to answer the question for you. I'd help if I could, but unless you do have a PR permit, and unless you are coming to Alabama, I'm not going to know what agreements exist between other states. You can peruse the Firearms Discussion by State forum to see if the information you seek is there. That's what most folks would do if they were going to try to answer your question anyway.

Blues

Short answer; probably not. I've never heard of any state that has 'temporary' carry permits.

Google it. They have a carry law but getting a permit involves a lot of BS. Why don’t you pick a state in the US to vacation. SC has reciprocity, and electricity. You don’t even need s permit to carry a gun in your closed glovebox or closed center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google it. They have a carry law but getting a permit involves a lot of BS. Why don’t you pick a state in the US to vacation. SC has reciprocity, and electricity. You don’t even need s permit to carry a gun in your closed glovebox or closed center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at it this way. If you're going on vacation to a place where you couldn't feel totally comfortable without carrying, then you're probably picking the wrong destination. I've been to PR dozens of times when it was "functioning" and it's dicey at best. Great people but not a great place and I was there for work and not vacationing.

Here's a hint. If you go to a place where every car ignores stopping at a red light after the sun goes down because they don't want to get robbed or car jacked, then avoid that place. That is Puerto Rico normally and not the catastrophe it is now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back