Public Buildings

gun runner

I was looking at the map on the home page and I clicked on Oregon and it said that Oregon CHL was not good in public building. This is not right. In Oregon you can carry in any public building except court houses post offices and federal buildings. The Map thing is nice but what good is it if it gives out the wrong information.
I pasted the below from the Map info

Places off-limits when carrying:
It is unlawful to possess a firearm loaded or unloaded in a public building. “Public building” means a hospital, capitol building, a public or private school, college or university, a courthouse, city hall, or residence of any state official and the grounds adjacent to each such building. This restriction does not apply to individuals licensed under Oregon law to carry concealed weapons.

I'll check into this and update the Oregon page as needed. We try to keep everything as updated as possible.

I was looking at the map on the home page and I clicked on Oregon and it said that Oregon CHL was not good in public building. This is not right. In Oregon you can carry in any public building except court houses post offices and federal buildings. The Map thing is nice but what good is it if it gives out the wrong information.

It is unlawful to possess a firearm loaded or unloaded in a public building. “Public building” means a hospital, capitol building, a public or private school, college or university, a courthouse, city hall, or residence of any state official and the grounds adjacent to each such building. This restriction does not apply to individuals licensed under Oregon law to carry concealed weapons.

If you find incorrect information, just PM Lukem with the correct info, or post in the state thread, and Luke will get the info updated.

I sent an e-mail to the Deputy Chief of Police where I live and told him that I wanted to clarify if it was legal to bring a firearm into City Hall. He replied that with my CHL, I was fine as long as I stay out of the courtroom with it.

As I understand the law this information is correct except for the court house. If you have a CHL you can carry in the "public buildings" listed. You cannot carry in a court house even with a CHL.

I don't see any misinformation in this. Just read the last sentence to clear up any misunderstandings.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back