Proposed Change To Michigan Law Requires License For All Firearms

dc dalton

Heads up Michigan folks!

Proposed change to Michigan law would strike the word pistol from several licensing requirements and put in it's place the word firearm. This change will require a license to purchase, carry, possess, or transport.

Link Removed

I gave my daughter a pistol, and I live in Indiana. She resides in Michigan. How does she register it? Does she need me to give her a bill of sale or something? Anyone know?

I believe you have to go through an FFL in Mi.
If she doesn't have a CPL, she will need to get a purchase permit,
fill it out & turn it in.
If you gave it to her already, she is in possession of an un-registered
handgun. Not a good thing.

Here's the answer from the MSP web site:
Link Removed

3. My father-in-law, who lives in Georgia, has two firearms which he wants to give me. Can I legally go to Georgia and bring the guns back to Michigan?

No. The Federal Gun Control Act of 1968 generally prohibits the transportation into or receipt in the state where a person resides of a firearm obtained outside of that state. The transfer of the firearms would be lawful if your father-in-law sends the firearms via common carrier (such as UPS) to a licensed firearms dealer in Michigan. The Michigan firearms dealer can then transfer the firearms to you providing you meet all statutory requirements. If the firearm is a pistol, a License to Purchase or valid Concealed Pistol License is required.

Heads up Michigan folks!

Proposed change to Michigan law would strike the word pistol from several licensing requirements and put in it's place the word firearm. This change will require a license to purchase, carry, possess, or transport.

Link Removed

This has the word "confiscation" written all over this. Every single firearm has to be "licensed"??? Geesh. Pound the pavement, get the word out, call/email/write your legislators and let them know how unhappy you are about this. This is bull scheisse.

You will notice that the majority of co-sponsors are from the east side of the state. I just sent an email to Rep. Dillon, the rep from my district, telling him to vote against it. BTW, for the record, it is doubtful that they will be able to get the votes to pass this.

I may have to run against him yet.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back