Problem with Winchester supreme elite 380

TnGW1500se

I bought a box of Winchester supreme elite 380 hollow point's and when I rack the slide on both of my 380's (Keltec 3at & LCP) the 1st shell jams before it goes in the chamber. Non-hollow points work fine in both firearms. Anybody shooting hollow points and if so what brand?

I bought a box of Winchester supreme elite 380 hollow point's and when I rack the slide on both of my 380's (Keltec 3at & LCP) the 1st shell jams before it goes in the chamber. Non-hollow points work fine in both firearms. Anybody shooting hollow points and if so what brand?
Sound like more of a gun/feed/magazine problem than it does an ammo problem. Might want to have the gun/magazines looked at to have them adjusted to accommodate your choice of ammunition.

I just bought an LCP and loaded it with Gold Dots. It seems to rack the first round fine. Are you letting the slide fly, or are you pulling it back and keeping a hold of it, slowly letting it slide forward. If the latter, try the former.

Incidentally, my LCP sometimes does not extract the last round. Guess that's better than not extracting the first.

Had a Bursa 380 that wouldn't chamber a hollow point round correctly until I polished the feed ramp. This is easily done with a dremel or if your not confident enough to do it, have your local gunsmith do it for you.:pleasantry:

Seems to work fine if I just let go of the slide. Maybe that was my problem. I'll go out and run a few more through the guns. I'll post again if the problem comes back. Thanks

No prob. Something to keep in mind... Your guns are designed to "let it fly". That is their natural action while shooting.

Our Taurus TCPs shoot them fine, the Ruger LCP we had did not, partly why we do not have it any more

TnGW, you may want to polish the feed ramp. That will help that first round slide into the chamber better.

Seems to work fine if I just let go of the slide. Maybe that was my problem. I'll go out and run a few more through the guns. I'll post again if the problem comes back. Thanks

Mouse guns (no offense) are touchy that way. My LCP and Kahr both have that issue. That is why I chamber every round by racking from a closed slide (even though Kahr says go from the slide release) - to build muscle memory.

Just yank 'er back and let 'er go!

Mouse guns (no offense) are touchy that way. My LCP and Kahr both have that issue. That is why I chamber every round by racking from a closed slide (even though Kahr says go from the slide release) - to build muscle memory.

Just yank 'er back and let 'er go!
In practice you can't really do it with the LCP ( racking from the slide release. I know you knew that SC.) but you can with the Kahr. I have both and love 'em. I did notice that I sometimes had a prob racking the first round with the LCP and not knowing too much I just figured it was my fault so I made sure I "let it fly"! Guess it was my fault.:unsure: Maybe a bit of polishing would help. Glad I thouhgt of that all on my own! :jester:

I have no problem racking the first round in my LCP but what I do is put the first round in the magazine then rack the round into the chamber. Remove the magazine and load six rounds. I also have no problem if I load six then rack the first round . Hollow points or FMJ all rack and function the same 100% reliable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back