price gouging midway usa.?

wrs25936

So I was checking midway usa today. The hornady 45 cap seems to have doubled since the last time I bought reloading supplies. Guess I will hang on to what I have. Obumer seems to really be helping gun manufactures and anyone selling firearm related products to earn more than ever. What are your thoughts?

This same thing happened when Prez Slick Willie did the 10 rd mags.
The stores & companies that raised their prices to take advantage of situation, I still do not buy from to this day!
They forget, WE are why their doors are open...

Remember there is a huge difference between price gouging and fair market value.

An example of price gouging would be gas stations jacking up their prices during an evacuation or supermarkets doing the same during a natural disaster. You HAVE to have those things and they take advantage of that.

Raising the prices on non-essential items when the demand is high and the supply is low is not price gouging, it's business. If I owned a gun store and I could get $2000 for an AR15 that normally sells for $800, it would be foolish not to do so, especially when I know I won't be getting any more of them for quite a long time, if ever. And if I did sell it for $800 there's a good chance that whoever bought it would list it on Gunbroker and get the 2 grand.

Remember, if you aren't willing to pay the asking price, walk out. The reason CTD still has those mags when everyone else is out is that only a few are willing to pay that price. I'm not.

Remember there is a huge difference between price gouging and fair market value.

An example of price gouging would be gas stations jacking up their prices during an evacuation or supermarkets doing the same during a natural disaster. You HAVE to have those things and they take advantage of that.

Raising the prices on non-essential items when the demand is high and the supply is low is not price gouging, it's business. If I owned a gun store and I could get $2000 for an AR15 that normally sells for $800, it would be foolish not to do so, especially when I know I won't be getting any more of them for quite a long time, if ever. And if I did sell it for $800 there's a good chance that whoever bought it would list it on Gunbroker and get the 2 grand.

Remember, if you aren't willing to pay the asking price, walk out. The reason CTD still has those mags when everyone else is out is that only a few are willing to pay that price. I'm not.
Agreed. Also it's not just the store charging more to you. I'm sure the distributor they buy from is charging more all the way down to the manufacturer.

Exactly, I tried to explain this earlier. When supply is low prices have to increase in order to make up for the lack of sustained business. I think $2000 for an $800 stock AR is a little over the top but a reasonable mark up should absolutely be expected.

This is the exact same as all those who seek welfare. This is not gouging. This is supply and demand! This is also the difference between understanding in those who own and run businesses and those who do not. More demand and low supply = higher prices. Less demand and more supply = lower prices.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back