President trump speaks at the nra convention

SR9

Great speech today at the NRA-ILA convention by President Donald Trump. He made it very plan that the NRA took care of his in the election and he would take care of them in days to come. He has stated in the past that if the National Concealed carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 is passed and laid on his desk, he would promptly sign it into law. He will uphold the 2nd Amendment and veto any anti gun legislation presented to him.

Great speech today at the NRA-ILA convention by President Donald Trump. He made it very plan that the NRA took care of his in the election and he would take care of them in days to come. He has stated in the past that if the National Concealed carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 is passed and laid on his desk, he would promptly sign it into law. He will uphold the 2nd Amendment and veto any anti gun legislation presented to him.

The last two sentences in your post contradict each other, but then it was his speech at the NRA Annual Meeting.

The last two sentences in your post contradict each other, but then it was his speech at the NRA Annual Meeting.

I'm just curious, did you attend the speech? I've seen elsewhere where you've said you were at the convention. Whether there or not, I'd be interested to hear your take on the speech, assuming that you've heard it even if you weren't there.

I'm just curious, did you attend the speech? I've seen elsewhere where you've said you were at the convention. Whether there or not, I'd be interested to hear your take on the speech, assuming that you've heard it even if you weren't there.

I didn't attend the speech as I wasn't planning on paying for disarming myself for something that gets simulcasted in the NRA booth in the exhibition hall and posted on YouTube later. This was a ticketed event ($10-$35) and the Link Removed. I am still in Atlanta and will attend tomorrow as well.

I didn't watch the entire speech in the NRA booth, as I had another commitment. That "the assault on gun rights is over" tone struck a nerve with some, but then President Trump isn't a "details guy" anyway. I personally do not think his speech matters much other than for the cheerleading. The powers of the President are (thankfully) still limited somewhat, President Trump has shown incompetence in leading/pushing his agenda (if there even is one) with Congress, and Congress is busy with itself while life goes on in the country. President Trump did not even take the opportunity to mention a laundry list of gun rights related laws that Congress should pass. Let's face it, he is a dud. If SR9 would have actually watched his speech, he would have realized that President Trump did not even mention national reciprocity. LOL.

Here is the YouTube playlist for the entire 2017 NRA Annual Meeting: 2017 NRA Annual Meetings. Here is the speech:

....I didn't watch the entire speech in the NRA booth, as I had another commitment. That "the assault on gun rights is over" tone struck a nerve with some, but then President Trump isn't a "details guy" anyway. I personally do not think his speech matters much other than for the cheerleading. The powers of the President are (thankfully) still limited somewhat, President Trump has shown incompetence in leading/pushing his agenda (if there even is one) with Congress, and Congress is busy with itself while life goes on in the country. President Trump did not even take the opportunity to mention a laundry list of gun rights related laws that Congress should pass. Let's face it, he is a dud. If SR9 would have actually watched his speech, he would have realized that President Trump did not even mention national reciprocity. LOL.

Here is the YouTube playlist for the entire 2017 NRA Annual Meeting: 2017 NRA Annual Meetings.

Agree 100% with everything I put in bold (and everything else too, just wanted to emphasize the bolded parts). I figured you'd answer pretty much as you have, and thanks for answering at all. The cacophony of cheer-leading for the guy coming from those wishing to portray themselves as "conservatives" makes me physically ill. Yesterday in Pikeville, KY, actual Nazis assembled and demonstrated as the pro-American, pro-Trump side against the antifa side, and whether this forum or any other that I've checked out, everyone claiming the "conservative" side of the political spectrum is slamming antifa (for what I consider to be pretty good reasons), but saying nothing about the Nazis claiming the pro-Trump side. The cheer-leading just goes on and on.

I happened to listen to the whole speech live and was underwhelmed to say the least about the total dearth of substantive Second Amendment agenda being laid out. It was nothing but meaningless rhetoric. No policy or legislative proposals of any kind whatsoever, and yet the crowd and subsequent commentators cheered like he was telling how he himself had found the cure for cancer.

Anyway, thanks for the Playlist link. As you probably are aware, I'm not a fan of the NRA and most likely won't be watching any of the rest of their meetings, but I do appreciate the link nonetheless. Safe travels.

Blues

Thanks, I made it back safely. I primarily use the NRA Meeting to meet up with friends, talk to a few others, and to check out gear. This year's exhibition was impressive. I walked 10 miles each, Friday and Saturday, and 5 miles on Sunday across the show floor. We left Sunday noon-ish and went to Stone Mountain to hike up the 1-mile trail to the top.

The Moms did some protest on Friday that was an abysmal failure. The Meeting was in the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, right next to CNN. The food court in the CNN building (OMNI Atlanta Hotel) did not see much business from the convention as it was posted. LOL.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back