Post office carry

I find it interesting that you would call people who state facts, with no opinions or speculations involved, as zealots. And in the same statement that you call us zealots who state the facts, you attempt to use an exaggeration to support your opion based largely upon speculation and heresay. ROFLMAO!

Perhaps we should reverse the tables with this and call those who advocate for concealed carry nothing more than a bunch of zealots since what they are suggesting involves a privilege and not a right whereas in many states, open carry is the right (mine is one of those).

Funny how we always seem to see CC zealots screaming and ranting at OC'ers for what they want to practice but we never see the reverse of this. Can we spell bigoted?

Perhaps we should reverse the tables with this and call those who advocate for concealed carry nothing more than a bunch of zealots since what they are suggesting involves a privilege and not a right whereas in many states, open carry is the right (mine is one of those).

Funny how we always seem to see CC zealots screaming and ranting at OC'ers for what they want to practice but we never see the reverse of this. Can we spell bigoted?

The vast majority and most vehement of negative reactions I have experienced in regards to my openly carried firearm have come from men who cannot resist the opportunity to tell me that they have a Concealed Pistol License, carry their gun concealed and that I should too.

The vast majority and most vehement of negative reactions I have experienced in regards to my openly carried firearm have come from men who cannot resist the opportunity to tell me that they have a Concealed Pistol License, carry their gun concealed and that I should too.
Same here. Now as to Florida not being an open carry state. It is not in most cases. But there is an exception. You can open carry when going to, on, or from a hunting or fishing expedition. Plus you can open carry on private property with the owner's permission.

As for the PO. No you are not supposed to even have it in your vehicle. But a Postal Inspector's authority to search your vehicle without a warrant stops at the fenced employee parking fence.

Not true. The post office is a federal building and the parking lot is federal property meaning federal law applies. Regardless of state possessing a weapon on the grounds of a federal building is illegal.

This statement is not entirely true. If the post office is in a strip of business shops and is not distinctly separated from them with physical barriers then you can walk right past the post office on the common sidewalk, park in front of or around it and you would be fine. Same thing if the post office is in a business, such as a grocery or hardware store. As for a post office in a strip with other businesses, cannot enter such a post office when armed since then you would be on post office property. Not sure how it would be handle if the post office was within a private business (the grocery or hardware store example). In that case, you could enter and wander around the business while armed, providing the owner allows this, but what about if you decided you wanted to purchase stamps? Would there be a line of demarcation where you must not cross while armed? Not sure about this one.

That's true if the post office is part of a business like a gas station that is not federal property. And I'm assuming if its in a strip mall type location it would probably be a leased space and not federal property either. I'm assuming in the strip mall case the demarcation line would be the entry doors into the building but I'm not 100% on this either.

That's true if the post office is part of a business like a gas station that is not federal property. And I'm assuming if its in a strip mall type location it would probably be a leased space and not federal property either. I'm assuming in the strip mall case the demarcation line would be the entry doors into the building but I'm not 100% on this either.

This is my take as well. The post office closest to me is like this. It is a very small strip of businesses and the post office is at one end. The parking lot is not marked off and is therefore shared as is the sidewalk. So you can walk right by the post office while armed, open or concealed, and drop off a letter in the outdoor mailbox. But you cannot enter the post office while armed.

I agree totally.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back