Poll: Which 1911-22 would you prefer & why?

Hi,

I've been looking at pistols for plinking, in 22lr- and want to do it in style. I want to keep it in the 1911 platform. Which 1911-22 would you prefer and why? mainly i'm looking at the common three- Colt, Sig, & GSG.

Poll: Which 1911-22 would you prefer & why?

GSG and Sig are the same, the Sig has been great for us.

The GSG is a much better value in my opinion. I do suggest however upgrading the guide rod to a metal one as my plastic one disintegrated within 5000 rounds.

I know you mentioned the Big Three makes but I prefer the Ruger SR22 pistol for a .22 LR semi-auto pistol. I have three other Ruger handguns (including the SR40C which I love) and the 10-22 Takedown rifle and find they all are fantastic to shoot and dependable. The SR22 has received very good reviews and sister firearms LCR and LC9 won top awards nationally as well. It is the same size as Colt's 1911 Officer's model but weighs less. They are American made and Ruger is a strong 2nd Amendment supporter. However, all three manufacturers you mentioned do make good firearms also.
-You can read a review from Guns And Ammo here: Link Removed. And here is a Youtube video showing how accurate it is including POV (point of view) that really shows how fun it is to shoot. RUGER SR-22 SHOOTERS VIEW - YouTube.
- You might want to try out the SR22 at the range to see how it fits you and handles for you. After all, you need a dependable handgun that fits your hand that you enjoy shooting. Good luck on your search.

I have a Chiappa 1911-22 and a Kimber 1911 ARF. The Kimber being the better of the two. And it barks like one in .45ACP. Operates in true 1911 fashion and disassembles like one too. Link Removed

Sig

The Sig 1911-22 has a last shot hold open feature, the GSG doesnt have it. The Sig 1911-22 i have runs great once i got it broke in some and isnt picky on ammo.I will say its just like shooting a 1911 only a lot cheaper to shoot.
I also have a Ruger MK III 45 22 but its not nearly like shooting a 1911.

My GSG 1911-22 does lock the slide after the last shot as it is supposed to. Some folks complain that it isn't perfectly reliable at doing so, but ATI customer service shipped them replacement followers for their mags to ensure it does lock open properly.

S&W645;422100 said:
I have a Chiappa 1911-22 and a Kimber 1911 ARF. The Kimber being the better of the two. And it barks like one in .45ACP. Operates in true 1911 fashion and disassembles like one too. Link Removed

Because of how inexpensive hi point is- I've always stayed away from them (I've seen pistols from them for $150-200)- and Chiappa is from hi point correct? Could you tell me how your Chiappa shoots in comparison to the kimber. I understand kimber is the better one. Just trying to get a grasp of hi point product with an opened mind.

Thanks

Because of how inexpensive hi point is- I've always stayed away from them (I've seen pistols from them for $150-200)- and Chiappa is from hi point correct? Could you tell me how your Chiappa shoots in comparison to the kimber. I understand kimber is the better one. Just trying to get a grasp of hi point product with an opened mind.

Thanks
Mine is picky on the ammo. 40gr JHP or FMJ in high velocity or extra high velocity are all it likes. I know of 2 other owners whose Chiappas are not picky and run any of the 36, 38, or 40 grain standard or higher velocity rounds. The Kimber is more accurate but the Chiappa is no slouch either. And No, my Chiappa is not a Hi Point product. It was made in the US ( Dayton, Ohio ) and Italy by Armi Chiappa. It is one of the standard models. It now has a set of Hogue Grips on it but below is what it looked like when new.

Thanks!

as of 6:30pm today, I became the proud soon to be owner of a Colt 1911-22! I found it for a total of $370 after shipping at lanbos armory. I placed a "want to buy" ad for it on armslist- seeking a sig or colt 1911-22 for $360. I got several great responses- but one was a person offering their GSG 1911-22, another great gun... but for $500. hmmm.... anyhow i'm excited :)

Hey just saw this thread. Was gonna tell you about colt. It is made by walther imported by uramex. Colt just licensed name. Dont run dry will not take it. Dont let it or magazine get even a little dirty. And dont expect to it to load into battery from slide locked. I hate to say this but also give it break in time. Had one i was hoping to use for competition on smaller levels but not reliable enough. Well this is my experience but also someone nicknamed me unlucky so take with grain of salt.

As noted before, the Sig is a rebranded GSG. The barrel on the thing is made from pot metal with a steel core. Really poor craftsmanship.
If I had to do it again I would spend the three hundred bucks on a conversion for my Kimber.

I might have put up some pictures here of my Sig, showing how the barrel bushing shaved off bits of the soft barrel material.
Still kinda shocked that Sig put their name on that.

The Ruger is ok, but it isn't the same size as a 1911. At least with the GSG or the Sig you can use your 1911 holster.

I have a Tactical Solutions .22 conversion upper that I use on my Kimber Pro Raptor frame. Shoots great, and is quite accurate...slide locks back after last round. A little pricey, but worth it!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back