Pocket guns

I have to agree LD50, I watched a video online where a guy used a small .22lr pistol and put 4 rounds thru a 2x4 at 13 feet. Now that should be enough to stop someone, and you can put 2 or 3 rounds in them very fast. I also believe the .32 acp is over-looked too much. This country should grab on to the .32 acp as a carry gun. Loaded with fmj a .32 acp will go thru 4 layers of denim and get 14 inches penetration in gel, saw it online in a video. People that want an excellent gun with little recoil really need to get a .32 acp.

Have never fired a .32 acp round but don't doubt it could do the job needed. The advocates for large caliber being the only choice are overlooking many effective choices. Being able to put multiple rounds on target is what is important.....if a person can do that with a .454 or a .22LR and stop the bad guy, then that's what matters... just my opinion!

I would like to carry my EDC in my pocket but can't find a pair of pants that will hold it without a problem since a full size 1911 is just too big and too heavy for anything lighter weight than Carhart bibs or carpenter pants.
~
Go Big or Go Home IMHO.

I would like to carry my EDC in my pocket but can't find a pair of pants that will hold it without a problem since a full size 1911 is just too big and too heavy for anything lighter weight than Carhart bibs or carpenter pants.
~
Go Big or Go Home IMHO.

LOL! That 1911 would make a lumpy chunk of metal in a jeans pocket! Guess you will have to use your 1911 holster plus get a pocket gun for your pocket. Two guns--even better! Then you can go big with b/u.

I was one of the first few hundred CCW licensees when SC first became a 'shall issue state'. For a long time I wouldn't carry anything smaller than 9mm. It's still my preference and I often carry a Taurus PT709 Slim in 9mm or a Kimber Solo STS. But with all the pocket guns on the market today I do find it nice to just grab a quick mouse gun, drop it in my pocket, and go. I usually do this when I'm in a hurry. When in a hurry, I will typically either grab my S&W BodyGuard 380 or an old but trusted Beretta Tomcat 32.

The one issue I have is summer/hot weather carry for these little weapons. I've tried a variety of pocket holsters, but none I've seen yet really keep the tiny weapons from 'printing' in well fitting bluejeans (well fitting, not tight). They work great for me in a jacket or coat, but I've searched forever for a good pocket holster that doesn't print.

LOL! That 1911 would make a lumpy chunk of metal in a jeans pocket! Guess you will have to use your 1911 holster plus get a pocket gun for your pocket. Two guns--even better! Then you can go big with b/u.

There in lies the problem, big hands don't work well with these pocket guns or mouse guns as some refer to them. There is a reason they make all sizes I guess, small ones are just not a practical choice for me.
~
I took a pair of BDU's and had the cargo pocket sewed to hold a XD40 more securely and carried two magazines in the opposing side to counter the weight. Just didn't work as well as I would have liked.

I bought a Bulldog wallet holster a few days ago at Bass Pro Shop, I'm going to see how that works for the tiny shooters. I'm also looking for a IWB that will hold my small 9mm (PT709 Slim). I've seen a couple by Tagua and others on eBay but wonder how much thickness they will add. I'm going to try to look at a couple locally before I order. Any recommendations from the readers here one with a slide guard that isn't going to add much bulk?

The one issue I have is summer/hot weather carry for these little weapons. I've tried a variety of pocket holsters, but none I've seen yet really keep the tiny weapons from 'printing' in well fitting bluejeans (well fitting, not tight). They work great for me in a jacket or coat, but I've searched forever for a good pocket holster that doesn't print.

I recommend the kydex pocket holster from stellarrigs.com I've carried my Kahr P380 in jeans in this holster even in areas where carrying was not positively viewed, and had no problems. This holster gives the gun a completely squared off or rectangular shape that doesn't collapse like nylon or leather pocket holsters. I think it's the best pocket holster I've ever come across.

My bug is a 22 MiniMag from NAA, I also have a 22lr Cobra (Heavy compared to the NAA). One of those is in my pocket at all times.

Rich

wbryan09 for the PT Slim try a Remora Holster. I recommend the Remora Tuckable with no reinforcement, it is very concealable and it comes with a belt clip if you want to use a clip or you can take the clip off. They are not real expensive either. I like mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back