pocket carry

glockcarry

Just picked up a Taurus TCP for pocket carry should be pretty sweet price was right and had been thinking about getting something to pocket carry.

I love being able to pocket carry, never go out without my lcp in my pocket. Get a good holster i use an unkle mikes but go somewere you can play with sizes since the carts are not real accurate.

bulldog case.

I got one for my wife. It is a sweet lil gun. Picked up the bulldog case which is great. Looks like an cell phone case totally concealed on your belt. Almost like open carry. ;)

Tcp

I got a 732 just over a month ago. I carry it 90% of the time, even when I'm at home. Easy to conceal inside the waist band of my pants (jeans or khakis) just forward of my cell phone. It is not heavy or bulky like my 9MM. Seeing that i dont expect to be in a gun battle at 30 yards, the .32 cal is fine. I figure self defense is going to be inside 10 feet and not many bad guys are going to want to battle it out at that range.............they see a victim drawing and shooting back at them, they'll be bailing out just like you see them do on 7-11 vidoes when the clerk fights back with a bat!

LOVE my LCP as well. I pocket carry quite a bit, but I also made a micro tuck style holster that TOTALLY disappears. If you have ever seen a Crossbreed supertuck, it's like that only one clip on my belt. The belt holds the gun in place nicely with the one clip. Easy to make, if you have worked with Kydex, and a small leather piece works great. Find a photo online of the holster WITH your gun in it, print out the photo so that the gun is the same size at real one and cut your templates :) fairly easy. Kydex isn't hard to work with and if you make a mistake, reheat and start over.

but back to the subject, lol. LOVE these small new 380's. We did some serious range tests with our 380's and WOW, 12" block of clay was destroyed with one shot. Took a HUGE spiral chunk out of it at 15 feet. I would NOT want to get shot with a 380!!!! Happy and safe shooting!!!!

LOVE my LCP as well. I would NOT want to get shot with a 380!!!! Happy and safe shooting!!!!
Also own only a ruger lcp and have to agree wouldn't wanna get shot by one at all...anyone who says a .380 it's a baby gun , pea shooter tell em to stand 50 feet away I'll hit em 5 out of 6... Great gun you got there

It's a great little gun. I chose it over the LCP because the slide locks back, I could get a little more grip on it, and the trigger felt better. I think my the out the cost was about $265 for my 738, but it came with two mags, the bulldog case, and it's blackened stainless. I picked up the pachmayr grip for it too. Haven't shot it with the grip yet, but it feels even more comfortable in hand and the rubber should help the recoil.

The lcp is very comfortable to me a pain in the a to shoot though ... And the stainless is blued but the stupid barrel price scratched up after first range time.so I sanded it down looks way better that way ... I hope the gun you got is reliable

I've had mine about 2 years and is just fine for every day, which is what I wanted. I'm never without it and it is quite reliable after about 500 rounds through it. I now shoot only JHP's in and every brand tried works well with no problems. If wearing jeans, it's in my hip pocket, and with slacks, it's in my front pocket. Easy and fast to get to either way.

I got a 732 just over a month ago. I carry it 90% of the time, even when I'm at home. Easy to conceal inside the waist band of my pants (jeans or khakis) just forward of my cell phone. It is not heavy or bulky like my 9MM. Seeing that i dont expect to be in a gun battle at 30 yards, the .32 cal is fine. I figure self defense is going to be inside 10 feet and not many bad guys are going to want to battle it out at that range.............they see a victim drawing and shooting back at them, they'll be bailing out just like you see them do on 7-11 vidoes when the clerk fights back with a bat!

If you're attacked by a mouse, you'll be ready.
Seriously though, I'm thinking that you're looking at the problem backwards. Have a friend try to attack you (simulated) from 30 yards. Now try the same thing from 10 feet. The closer your attacker is, the more trouble you're in. When you think about the attack from 10 feet you may understand the advise to carry the biggest thing you can hit your target with.

Seriously though, I'm thinking that you're looking at the problem backwards. Have a friend try to attack you (simulated) from 30 yards. Now try the same thing from 10 feet. The closer your attacker is, the more trouble you're in. When you think about the attack from 10 feet you may understand the advise to carry the biggest thing you can hit your target with.

Great idea. Why don't you be the friend and ShooterMcEd use live ammo. Let us know how those .32s bounce off of you.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously though, I'm thinking that you're looking at the problem backwards. Have a friend try to attack you (simulated) from 30 yards. Now try the same thing from 10 feet. The closer your attacker is, the more trouble you're in. When you think about the attack from 10 feet you may understand the advise to carry the biggest thing you can hit your target with.[/QUOTE] lol wanna let the guy shoot you with the .32 I wouldn't wanna be shot with a paintball gun or bb gun ... .22 would suck .32 more .380 drop you with one bullet and so forth

I work for a gun shop so I pay cost, we get our Taurus's from Davidson supply and we pay $165 for them and we sell them for $189.99

Lcp & tcp

I know the Ruger L CP is pretty popular on this website, but I've heard some say that it's not really fun to shoot. That has been my experience too. I bought a Taurus PT-738 TCP this weekend, and have already put 100 rounds through it. Folks, the "handle" is better - even if some disagree on grounds of quality. No problem with hold or comfort. And in my case, first hundred rounds down-range, ZERO fail to loads and ZERO fail to eject. It was a pleasant surprise, because based on the talk around this website, I was kinda ready for at least one or two problems during break-in, but it didn't happen.

(by the way, i put the "space" between the L & the CP on purpose. Ruger already gets enough hot links on this site!)

Last edited:
I know the Ruger L CP is pretty popular on this website, but I've heard some say that it's not really fun to shoot. That has been my experience too. I bought a Taurus PT-738 TCP this weekend, and have already put 100 rounds through it. Folks, the "handle" is better - even if some disagree on grounds of quality. No problem with hold or comfort. And in my case, first hundred rounds down-range, ZERO fail to loads and ZERO fail to eject. It was a pleasant surprise, because based on the talk around this website, I was kinda ready for at least one or two problems during break-in, but it didn't happen.

(by the way, i put the "space" between the L & the CP on purpose. Ruger already gets enough hot links on this site!)

lol. love my TCP as well. havent shot it as much yet, but it's worked when i've tried.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back