Places Not to Be When Carrying Concealed

USN2Pulpit

I was reading the article "10 Things Not To Do When Carrying Concealed," and it brought this question to mind: Are there places we ought not to be when we're carrying concealed? I'm not refering to those places that are out of bounds according to individual state law, but places where the exercize of good headwork would preclude carrying.

For instance - going somewhere known to be dangerous when you have no business being there...

if you don't have any business going somewhere, don't go
however if you must go to a dangerous area for business i suggest carrying
stay safe

i'd like to read the article "10 Things Not To Do When Carrying Concealed," do you have a link for it ?
thanks

I am willing to bet someone is going to post where alcohol is consumed and stadiums, neither of which I have any personal problems with, but someone is going to post it.

Other than places that are against state and Federal law, I don't see a need to be in a place that I also would not carry my firearm at, especially if I choose to conceal it.

Unless precluded by law or a sign saying no firearms, I carry everywhere. I don't drink, so taking it into a bar isn't a problem (in Wisconsin anyway).

If I were to only carry when I think I may need it, I would reduce my comfort with the firearm and my ability to conceal it.

I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE. Went for a CT scan and left my pistol in my pocket till after I laid down thinking these things work off of magnets. Scared the crap outta me. I know stupid but I am so use to it always being there it never crossed my mind.

I am willing to bet someone is going to post where alcohol is consumed and stadiums, neither of which I have any personal problems with, but someone is going to post it.

Other than places that are against state and Federal law, I don't see a need to be in a place that I also would not carry my firearm at, especially if I choose to conceal it.

Stadiums or where alcohol is consumed.

I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE. Went for a CT scan and left my pistol in my pocket till after I laid down thinking these things work off of magnets. Scared the crap outta me. I know stupid but I am so use to it always being there it never crossed my mind.

A CT is X-ray computed tomography, also computed tomography (CT scan) or computed axial tomography (CAT scan). The one that works with magnets is MRI, magnetic resonance imaging. Don't FORGET you have your gun if you go into one of those!

if you don't have any business going somewhere, don't go
however if you must go to a dangerous area for business i suggest carrying
stay safe

i'd like to read the article "10 Things Not To Do When Carrying Concealed," do you have a link for it ?
thanks

Link Removed

Yep, you got me on that one. I've actually had an MRI and left the gun locked up. There are youtube videos of what happens to ferrous metal objects near an operating MRI.

I was reading the article "10 Things Not To Do When Carrying Concealed," and it brought this question to mind: Are there places we ought not to be when we're carrying concealed? I'm not refering to those places that are out of bounds according to individual state law, but places where the exercize of good headwork would preclude carrying.

For instance - going somewhere known to be dangerous when you have no business being there...

I have carried a weapon for so many years that I pay no more attention to where I am with it as I do carrying my pocket knife. I have always followed a policy of 'don't ask don't tell'.

thanks for the link robstid appreciate it i'm going to read it now
there are some really good blogs/articles on this site i've read many of them but didn't see that one yet

Any place where you are happy that you have your gun with you. You should never take your gun into known dangerous places. You should take your gun everywhere you go if it is legal. If possible avoid going to places where it is illegal to carry.

I don't get it, if you know it's dangerous and you have no business being there..... DON'T!

If you have to be there, carry. IT'S DANGEROUS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back