Pistols

retiredman

Hey I am a Chevy man! just joking, but get on a car discussion and no matter what! you will not change a persons opinion on what they like.

Same thing with firearms. I never try to change someones opinion about which one they like.

I don't care what caliber, model, or how much they paid if any.

What is important is, learning the responsibility of having a firearm, and the care, and cleaning of them. I will admit I like looking at custom engraved firearms, and say wow wish I could afford one of them.

I do believe that getting in a conversation of firearms is good because as adults it is our duty to make sure that the younger crowd needs to be taught and taught well.

That said! Lets band together to share our knowledge on safety and enjoyment, and other conversations about firearms to our local community members

Who knows we may even persuade a anti - gunner to our side and they too will be able to learn and understand the world of firearms

:triniti:

Well stated. In my experience, most anti-gun people are so out of ignorance and fear. So my approach is to ask questions, seek to understand, and to educate.

Hum very well put. As with all things a well thought out intelligent, non confrontational, non biased, intelligent approach to any subject matter will always be more convincing than the opposite approach. I myself have seen people opinions and thoughts changed through this type of discourse many times. It truly is important to pass on knowledge to the younger generations so they understand why we have the rights we do and why it is important to not loose them.

I and my father were discussing the other day how students are not really taught about the patriots of our past and the brave men and women who made this country what it is today. It has even gone so far that people forgot about D-day in most places. I think there is this whole leftist push to keep people ignorant of our past so they do not realize that we are becoming that which we sought to shove out during the revolutionary war. Its a push as well to make them more easily except tighter government control of all things including our gun rights.

So as you say it is very important to pass on those things we know about guns and why we have the right to them so we do not end up like places such as England or Australia where the crime rate is outrageous and the people just gave up their fire arms like mindless sheep.

So true. I love my Triumph, but I bet if someone gave me another bike, I'd soon start discovering its merits.

Things have certainly changed. I was on the Trap Team at my high school in California and I brought a Remington 870 to school during the season. Now they suspend students when a butter knife is brought to school. I am not that old either.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back