Pictures from work

Scvette

I posted a couple pictures of what I do for a living in another post,someone asked a few questions about it so instead of jacking that thread I thought I'd start a new one. If these pics interest everyone I'll post more,but if this is not the right forum just tell me and I won't post anymore. Here are a few of what kind of weather I deal with up here in the Bering Sea daily,again if there's interest tell me and I'll post more. You'll notice there are 2 different boats,I sometimes jump between company boats.

a1f846812170073c66f3a6d8f752a0e0.jpg

Sunset002.jpg

BristolLeader020.jpg

BristolLeader019.jpg

I have a lot more if you guys want to see more

OK, sounds like you keep busy. What does the boat do?

It's a commercial fishing boat,we longline for cod fish,I set 43 miles of ground line that has 73,000 hooks on it every day. We catch the fish,cut the head off,pull the guts and freeze it to -20 degrees. This boat I'm on now holds 1.1 million pounds.

Here's where I spend most of my day

BeringLeader045.jpg

Wheelhouse

BeringLeader046.jpg

Drive by other company boat

image-22.jpg

Removing ice

BristolLeader009-1.jpg

Cool looking fish

DSCF0187-1.jpg

From feb 2011,bad year for the ice pack coming down on us

image-30.jpg

image-28.jpg

image-27.jpg

And this was from this last spring,I've been fishing out here since I was 18, 30 yrs of being out here and I've never seen this till this year,went on for about 6 hrs.

image-29.jpg

It's a commercial fishing boat,we longline for cod fish,I set 43 miles of ground line that has 73,000 hooks on it every day. We catch the fish,cut the head off,pull the guts and freeze it to -20 degrees. This boat I'm on now holds 1.1 million pounds.

Those are some cool pictures. Sounds like a yucky job though.

Chen, do you have some pictures too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back