Petition to legalize Open Carry in Florida

I don't live in FL, only very close to the state line, and since I have family down there and there's no helmet law, we've been making trips down there fairly regularly since moving here in March of this year. I don't mean this in any critical way really, but I'm just curious what good you think non-residents' cyber-signatures on an online petition will do when the only people who have any potential to pass and sign legislation in FL are FL legislators and the Governor? If I can't vote for 'em, they don't care at all that I "signed" this petition. And very few businesses will see open carry as a draw for tourism, so even they don't care much whether we come down there for the OC, or something else, or not at all.

More power to ya if you get several hundred thousand "signatures," but if any significant portion of those are from non-residents, they're pretty meaningless as a way to convince your politicians to pass OC legislation, aren't they?

Blues

Florida has a lot of visitors from the states where open carry is legal, out of state signers show that our tourists want open carry in FL too.

I hope it passes, and if it does I may actually step foot in Florida one day. I am unable to now because I have enemies, dangerous and powerful enemies. They fear me but that fear will evaporate in a puff of smoke if they don't see a gun on my hip.

Not from the state, from NC, but I signed it because yall deserve that right. So does SC. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back