Past DUI and CCP in NC

markt99

Hello,

I got a DUI on 5/19/2007. That was the last time I drank alcohol. I was convicted on 10/10/2007. I just finished my CCP class and I noticed that you must be over 3 years since a conviction for driving while impaired. I'm over 3 years. Has anyone had any issues with this? Especially in Catawba county.

Thanks,

Hello,

I got a DUI on 5/19/2007. That was the last time I drank alcohol. I was convicted on 10/10/2007. I just finished my CCP class and I noticed that you must be over 3 years since a conviction for driving while impaired. I'm over 3 years. Has anyone had any issues with this? Especially in Catawba county.

Thanks,

Why did you feel the need to drive while intoxicated? Thank your stars your applying in NC, in NH that DUI would be an automatic dissatisfaction. I hope you have turned your life around, I would be thanking god everyday that the police stopped me before I plowed into a family and killed them all.

As my post stated I have not drank alcohol in nearly 4 years. My question was about any issues given my past with ccp application in Catawba county NC not New Hampshire

The mental health check Will Not Pass unless you have already passed a substance abuse evaluation. The director of Catawba County's mental health dept. is PH.D. GORDON CAPPELLETTY. Phone# (828) 695 - 6901. This will hold up your permit. If it goes past 90 days you will have to reapply and repay the fees. I know that from experience.

Another thing, Once you apply with the sheriffs office and are turned down by the mental health director; if you can't pass the evaluation, You Will Not Be Permitted To Buy Another Gun! You will be Permanently Stigmatized As Mentally Ill.

My permit was withheld. PH.D. GORDON CAPPELLETTY said "It"s nothing to worry about. Lots of people have to do it and it's only $118." Last time I checked The firm that is associated with Catawba Co. wanted $125.

Well I applied for a Utah permit. When it came in I went to the sheriffs dept. and applied for a pistol permit. I Was DENIED, because the mental health department's director G. Cappelletty had refused me a CCW permit. I was considered to be mentally ill. I had no choice, I had to pay for and pass a substance abuse evaluation before I could legally buy another pistol.

Ask GORDON CAPPELLETTY for a list of qualified substance abuse counselors. Don't use anyone from Catawba County. I found one for $75. (Archway Counseling in Burk Co.) If You Have Insurance Do Not Use It. Pay With Cash. Otherwise you may be forced into dozens of therapy sessions. Therapist and counselors see an insurance policy as a Cash Cow. They will milk it for all its worth.

Now, about the evaluation. If there is no record of any past drug use, failed drug test etc... that can implicate you, Never Mention it to the counselor or anyone else that you have experimented with other drugs. An admission to using LSD, PCP, Meth, cocaine, crack, heroin, anything hard will revoke your 2nd amendment rights for life. Do not say your friends use drugs that looks bad on you. If you don't sleep well don,t tell that's a sign of being depressed and suicidal. Do tell that you have not drank in nearly 3 years. Get on the internet and look up substance abuse evaluations. Knowing what to expect will help you pass.

Good Luck!

I was convicted on 10/10/2007. I just finished my CCP class and I noticed that you must be over 3 years
Didn't you just answer your own question?

10/2007 - 10/2008 = 1 yr.
10/2008 - 10/2009 = 1 yr.
10/2009 - 10/2010 = 1 yr.
10/2010 - 05/2011 = 7 mos.
--------------------------------
Isn't 3 yrs, 7 mos greater than three years?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back