Paranoid--First Time Carry

That's what I thought of doing. As far as if there's any teeth in those signs. Not sure. You know being a newbie and all. The gun I found is very comfortable and can't even feel it. Thanks
Taurusninja, it really depends on what the laws of your state are. In TX, if a no-gun sign fits the law's description, it does carry the weight of the law. Therefore they don't get my business, except banks and the post office. Then, if I go inside, I'm unarmed, and I'll sue them for failing to protect me should I live through an encounter with a BG.
I now have visions of an inexperienced concealed carrier getting into some serious trouble because he accidentally printed or exposed his handgun in a GF business.
I recommend that you don't let someone else's choices cause you to get yourself into trouble. I suggest that you just don't frequent businesses that post lawful no-gun signs when you have a weapon concealed on your person. If your going to make a choice to violate the signs, you should at least wait until such time as you are used to carrying enough that you can be positive about your weapon remaining concealed. JMHO

Taurusninja, it really depends on what the laws of your state are. In TX, if a no-gun sign fits the law's description, it does carry the weight of the law. Therefore they don't get my business, except banks and the post office. Then, if I go inside, I'm unarmed, and I'll sue them for failing to protect me should I live through an encounter with a BG.
I now have visions of an inexperienced concealed carrier getting into some serious trouble because he accidentally printed or exposed his handgun in a GF business.
I recommend that you don't let someone else's choices cause you to get yourself into trouble. I suggest that you just don't frequent businesses that post lawful no-gun signs when you have a weapon concealed on your person. If your going to make a choice to violate the signs, you should at least wait until such time as you are used to carrying enough that you can be positive about your weapon remaining concealed. JMHO
You will sue them if you live through the encounter? personaly T think I would rather live trough the encounter, and worry about the sign later, and I'm fairly sure anybody else in there would agree, now I'm not saying completly ignore GFZ, in signs airports, Schools and federal buildings it would be best to leave the iron in the car, but there really are far to many GF places you can get wasted, ..........I'm not sure on how many on here really practice what they preach, meaning they may carry EVERYWHERE, then post up about following GFZ signs, this is definatly not personal bacause I'm sure there are many guys and girls that say the same, but I got to say if that is the way you truly feel, about following every rule and regulation put out to people, you maybe should not carry a gun, because it more likely than not that if there ever was a bad situation where the weapon was called for, you almost surely would hesitate, and probably get shot for your efforts

Everyone feels this way when they first start carrying. Be assured that you will get used to carrying after awhile and the apprehension will go away.

I posted a one week follow-up on the wrong forum--Concealed Carry Handgun GEAR--by mistake.

Here's the link. But, below is my one week report:

Well, it's one week later from my "Paranoid--first time carrying" thread and I'm out shopping AGAIN with my wife.

The SR9 is in my waistband and although I'm still conscious of it, I'm no longer "paranoid" about someone seeing it, constantly checking for printing, etc. (I'm in Pennsylvania, an open carry state, so I'm legal if it does show.)

I found that if I'm not printing when I leave the house, I'm not printing 3 hours later. The small "poke" of the butt of the grip isn't going to attract any attention. We went to 3 stores and my wife didn't even realize I was carrying (again CC is new for us) until I commented that I need more tank type t-shirts so my holster doesn't rub, and she said, "huh, I didn't notice it at all."

Thanks for all the help and knowledge shared here. I haven't hit the point of "not realizing it's there." But I'm comfortable and confident enough now to say I will wear it until I get there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

First time carry today. My permit came in the mail this afternoon so I put on a Bodyguard 380 in an OWB holster and took the dog for a walk. It took about 3 blocks for me to stop tugging on my jacket. Boo Ya!

Don't waste your time thinking about it. If it was good when you left your house, and your wife says it's good now, then it's good. Go on about your business. I carry always and don't even notice anymore...

It is almost impossible not to print. Especially if the person doing the checking knows you carry.
I don't worry about it a lot. The last couple of months I switched to carrying my TLE II. It prints a little bit but as far as I know, no one has noticed.
And I'm frequently up in front of people talking and writing on a whiteboard and stuff like that.

I had to dress up (dress shirt, slacks, tucked, etc.) about 6 months ago, one guy noticed the front holster clip and asked what it was.
I told him it was an insulin pump. In case it ever happens again I have a better response for next time involving extra support for my Johnson.

Good comeback about the Johnson:sarcastic:

After awhile it becomes like that TV commerical..."don't leave home without it". I unfortunately have New Jersey east of me and Maryland west, I try to find any and every reason to avoid those two states.

I went through the same paranoia. Wondering if anyone noticed that I was carrying. I found myself constantly checking my shirt to make sure I wasn't exposed. Finally my wife got to grabbing my arm every time she thought I was checking my shirt. After a while the CC becomes part of your personna and like many others here have stated, soon you'll feel weird NOT having your firearm with you.

But I still check my shirt when I'm with my wife just so she hangs onto my arm! :biggrin:

18 years ago I also did the same. I kept pulling my shirt down, looking at my reflection in mirrors and glass windows and asking my girlfriend (wife now) if she could see the weapon. After close to 20 years I do not worry about it. My weapon is like my wallet. I just put it on and leave to house. You will get used to it.

for me, having just moved from Commiefornia, it's taking some work to get over the fact that I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG and I don't need to be sneaky or cautious or apologetic about it. Even if it prints - so what? That's not against the law here either.

Open carry is legal in most of MO so I "conceal" my weapon about 75% of the time. Its just not with worrying about when printing isn't a crime.

The other 25% is at work and then it is CONCEALED and deeply. I was never given or even hinted at about a company policy concerning weapons. If it ever becomes an issue them finding out about it is probably the least of my concerns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

I used to carry the SR9 myself and the SR9c. Relax the key to concealing a gun is your choice of clothing. I had the same problem when I first started to carry, relax you'll be alright.

Finally my wife got to grabbing my arm every time she thought I was checking my shirt.

I still check my shirt when I'm with my wife just so she hangs onto my arm! :biggrin:

LMAO :p

THIS! +1

Good to see I'm not the only one in this boat!!

Open carry is legal in most of MO so I "conceal" my weapon about 75% of the time. Its just not with worrying about when printing isn't a crime.

The other 25% is at work and then it is CONCEALED and deeply. I was never given or even hinted at about a company policy concerning weapons. If it ever becomes an issue them finding out about it is probably the least of my concerns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
What do you use for deep concealment?

I have just started carrying on the regular. Figuring I've had my ccw for a few months now but now it's just second nature to put it in my back waist band when leaving the house. Now I can't imagine not having it with me and my family. Gives me a sense of ease knowing if I needed it it would be readily available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk so lay off the spelling criticism!!!

It gets easier the more you carry. Like everyone has said, it should be second nature to carry.....I to wear my crossbreed IWB on a daily basis.....

I put my weapon on my side, before I put my eyeglasses on.....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back