Paranoid--First Time Carry

C'mon now. We are all big people. Paranoid? Get real! You got your answers now go about your life without this "bothering" you so much. If you are or were properly trained and understand what CC is all about, this should never have been a "paranoid" issue that needs your wife's support. Hopefully this has more to do with "literary license" in your thread than being scared of your shadow.

If you live in a state that allows open carry, then you shouldn't worry too much anyway. It's not like you'll go to jail if you're "made." You'll get better and more confident with time.

As the day progressed it became less of a concern. Today, not worried about it at all.

Finding the right placement inside my waistband was the real trick. 4:30 prints, 5 o'clock doesn't.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

You will get used to it and it will not bother you. If your wife does not notice it, no one else will.

C'mon now. We are all big people. Paranoid? Get real! You got your answers now go about your life without this "bothering" you so much. If you are or were properly trained and understand what CC is all about, this should never have been a "paranoid" issue that needs your wife's support. Hopefully this has more to do with "literary license" in your thread than being scared of your shadow.

Paranoid may have been a bit of literary license :rolleyes: I think a concern of being made was the real issue. That's where my wife came into it--wanted her eyes to see if I was printing.

Consider over-dressing for a while. When I first started carrying I wore a carhart hoody and a north face goose down puffy coat everywhere!

I remember feeling the same way when I was new to concealed carry. That was eight years ago. Now, I don't even think about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think you are being a little hard on someone who is new to CC. Most people are a little nervous when they start carrying (as the responses to his post show) so even if YOU never felt nervous or paranoid I would say that you were the exception to the rule.

Feeling nervous or paranoid at first is normal and it goes away with time. I'm sure the "how long" is different for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Time mostly,in the mean time you may occasionally hear hey mister your pistol is showing.Hint old clothes that have been washed many times have shrunk a lil,bend over it the shirt will ride above the handle and stay there,tn is open or cc.
Just was an eye opener as want cc always.And went to a smaller gun in summer to prevent this.

I'm carrying for the first time today while out shipping with my wife (we're in a store now.) SR9 in a SHTF IWB holster.

I'm paranoid someone is going to see that I'm carrying. My wife says it's fine, but I'm constantly thinking about it.

How do I overcome this?

You will be troubled for awhile. It's to be expected. After getting my CHCL in Ar. is when I really got into the Laws. Here there is nothing in the statues about "printing". Just concealed from public view. You have a permit, who cares if they "know" your carrying. Most people don't inspect others that closely anyway. Usually we can tell. But others think it's your cell phone, keys or knife. It will wear off after awhile. So take it easy, it will go away.

There is always that awkward moment when carrying the first time. But just like what our friends here says, carry everyday and it would just be second nature to you.

Stay safe and Best Regards to All.

Keep doing it and it will go away. On that note, keep the gun on you at home. It's advantageous anyway and it will take away the factor of doing something different when going into the public.

Know where your coming from. It took me a while and the hardest thing was my Keltec PF9 pocket carry. I had a hard time getting use to a loaded gun in my pocket. I use a pocket holster of coarse wouldn't even think about not using a pocket holster and don't recommend it. In my opinion the biggest thing is your equipment: holster, belt clothing etc... Because if you don't trust your equipment that will make you more nervous than anything. Take it from me I have learned the hard way and bought some junk holsters and there is nothing more uneasy than the feeling that your gun might come out of your holster. that is even more horrific than a pair of eyes staring at you because that is most likely the beginners jitters. Be safe and good luck

I just posted a question on the new member thread. I carried for a week, concerned that I was going to be spotted, also conscience about pulling on my clothes. But how do you carry legally if everywhere you go there are signs saying no weapons allowed.

I just posted a question on the new member thread. I carried for a week, concerned that I was going to be spotted, also conscience about pulling on my clothes. But how do you carry legally if everywhere you go there are signs saying no weapons allowed.

That really all depends on if your "signs" have the weight of law behind them, most don't, so keep your weapon concealled, go about your buisiness, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THE GUN, and go home, .......and before the rest of you start about anything concerning carrying where there is a no guns sign......I don't give a ****........after one pericular incident that could have ended very bad, my guns come off my hip in two places only in bed and the shower, and then they are only a arms reach away

I'm carrying for the first time today while out shipping with my wife (we're in a store now.) SR9 in a SHTF IWB holster.

I'm paranoid someone is going to see that I'm carrying. My wife says it's fine, but I'm constantly thinking about it.

How do I overcome this?

You feeling that way is complety natural, within a few days it wont be no big deal at all, just a couple of suggestions, you should do this all the time but being that your new to CC, be more mindfull when driveing, if you should get stopped you may freak yourself out, even if you didn't really do anything, as i have been pulled over 4 or 5 time since haveing a permit, only one resulted in a ticket which i fought and won, uneducated cop should have known more about firearms laws, most cops know the laws and are generaly cool with private citizens and CC, just keep it on 100% of the time except when its not pratical, and you'l be fine

That really all depends on if your "signs" have the weight of law behind them, most don't, so keep your weapon concealled, go about your buisiness, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THE GUN, and go home, .......and before the rest of you start about anything concerning carrying where there is a no guns sign......I don't give a ****........after one pericular incident that could have ended very bad, my guns come off my hip in two places only in bed and the shower, and then they are only a arms reach away

^ I agree :cool:

Haboobafoo

That's what I thought of doing. As far as if there's any teeth in those signs. Not sure. You know being a newbie and all. The gun I found is very comfortable and can't even feel it. Thanks

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back