PA no longer taking applications by mail

cortchubby

OF SPECIAL ATTENTION TO OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS FOR PA CCW:

Effective 01 Mar 2011 the State of PA will no longer be accepting applications via mail for Non Resident CCW permits. I spoke to Denny Nau(Sheriff of Centre County) and was told this was so that they could implement a 'signature' device and take a digital picture of you while there. I was further informed that you MUST APPEAR in order to get a permit or to have a permit renewed. I would suggest that all current holders of NR PA CCW contact PA legislature and complain about this practice.As some of you know this is the first step in getting other permits around the USA. Lets let them know that this is a bad move and that they will loose revenue because of this.

CHICAGO ARMED!:fie:

this is true but I believe they have been doing it that way for NR since beginning of this year

Sheriff Nau was the last hold out...he had to stop accepting by mail as of April 1.

There is nothing in statute that requires in person application. We need non-residents to raise a stink about this. There is no reason that it has to be done this new way. Many other states accept pictures by mail.

Sherrif Nau

Denny Nau(a good guy very personalble) indicated to me that:

The reason for the no mail in is that:

The PA State Police have an electronic signature capture system that requires the applicant to physically appear and physically sign a computer pad that enters your signature into their system as well as digital picture capture that enters your image into the system. I agree that we should complain to the hills about this since this permit is needed to obtain others across the country. I suggest the site owner launch a complaint campaign against this intrusive infringement as soon as possible.

ARMED IN CHICAGO:angry:

Sheriff Nau was the last hold out...he had to stop accepting by mail as of April 1.

There is nothing in statute that requires in person application. We need non-residents to raise a stink about this. There is no reason that it has to be done this new way. Many other states accept pictures by mail.

I have a PA non-res permit. But I think it would be arrogant for me to expect PA to change its policy based on my desires. The people of PA are the only ones can make that decision.

Arrogant or a Responsible American Gun Permit holder?

I have a PA non-res permit. But I think it would be arrogant for me to expect PA to change its policy based on my desires. The people of PA are the only ones can make that decision.

Oddly I disagree with you. NO WHERE in current PA law(correct me and POST the law if Im mistaken) does it mandate that is is required to appear for permit processing. While this may appear as a 'desire' it is not based upon the precedent that previous permits were legally issued and obtained WITHOUT having to appear in person. This dynamic is an attempt by the anti gunners to quietly INFRINGE on my RIGHT to keep and bear arms. I fight at all costs to defend and protect my rights and the rights of others regarding guns and the 2nd Amendment,so I dont believe THAT is a desire.
While you may interpret that as arrogant,it is the AGGRESSIVE Stance for permit holders thru out the US that is actually the point.
I strongly feel that we as permitted people have an OBLIGATION to step to the plate to defend the rights of the people of the state of PA with regards to their ability to become CCW holders.I strongly believe that these rights are being infringed upon and I further believe it is our obligation to speak up about this and to complain or take what ever measures are needed to correct this.

Thank you for your opposing opinion.

ARMED in CHICAGO:angry:

non resident for pa were at

tried calling allentown for a non resident appl was told by the sherif they dont do non resident anymore anyone knows of a county in pa close to ny that i can go

Oddly I disagree with you. NO WHERE in current PA law(correct me and POST the law if Im mistaken) does it mandate that is is required to appear for permit processing. While this may appear as a 'desire' it is not based upon the precedent that previous permits were legally issued and obtained WITHOUT having to appear in person. This dynamic is an attempt by the anti gunners to quietly INFRINGE on my RIGHT to keep and bear arms. I fight at all costs to defend and protect my rights and the rights of others regarding guns and the 2nd Amendment,so I dont believe THAT is a desire.
While you may interpret that as arrogant,it is the AGGRESSIVE Stance for permit holders thru out the US that is actually the point.
I strongly feel that we as permitted people have an OBLIGATION to step to the plate to defend the rights of the people of the state of PA with regards to their ability to become CCW holders.I strongly believe that these rights are being infringed upon and I further believe it is our obligation to speak up about this and to complain or take what ever measures are needed to correct this.

Maybe your answer can be found here:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

ACSO - Firearms

"..I would suggest that all current holders of NR PA CCW contact PA legislature and complain about this.."

Normally I would say it's good to contact legislators. But in a case like this, since you're not a PA voter they would not give a whit.

Oddly I disagree with you. NO WHERE in current PA law(correct me and POST the law if Im mistaken) does it mandate that is is required to appear for permit processing.

From Centre County's page, linked below:
License to Carry Firearms Applications Via Mail to be Discontinued on March 31, 2011
As the result of requirements of Act 66, 2005, applicants must have their photo and signature captured electronically into our system. At this time there is no manner to complete these requirements without the personal appearance of the applicant.

Emphasis added. I'll leave you to use your favorite search engine and look up Act 66.

If you are that p i s s e d about it, then complain that you have to get a permit in the first place.

I called York County sheriff on 7/9 concerning the fee amount for NR PA CCW (LTFA) application and could I mail it in. They said $20.00 and yes mail was OK. Man I though I was home free..I mailed it the 10th, they signed for it the 13th and the sheriff's office called the 14th saying it was all good. But...they also said it was ready for pick up not mailed. It was really fast, was hoping it would have been mailed, Oh well it's only just over an hour away.

tried calling allentown for a non resident appl was told by the sherif they dont do non resident anymore anyone knows of a county in pa close to ny that i can go

Called Sullivan County for a NR and they will not issue one unless you own property in the County. Isn't that the entire point of a non-resident permit?

I too would like some help knowing where a 2A positive Sheriff in PA near NY would be to call or write.
thank you.

Thank you CRAZYISH. I will try them next week and let you know the result.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back