P226 v. P229

442js

I am looking at picking up either a P226 or a P229 Classic .22LR as well as a .357 SIG X Change kit. Prices for both P226 and P229 are the same, but I am wondering what the differences are between the P226 and P229.

I have a P226 German which I like, and that gun fits my hand great. It looks like the P229 is a little smaller. What other differences are there between the P226 and P229?

Thank you.

They are basically the same gun with the P229 having a 3.9" barrel and the P226 having a 4.4" barrel. I chose to go with a P229 in 357 Sig with an additional 40 S&W barrel. I like the balance of the P229 better but if you prefer a little more front-end weight the P226 would be an excellent choice.

I have both and I have to tell you that I find no difference in accuracy despite the bbl difference.

My suggestion, if you plan to carry, would be the 229.

Whatever you do, just be sure to make it a Sig:)

KK

Thanks for posting that site mckaloz1. Will come in handy.

I have the P229 in 9mm which is my carry gun. Can't go wrong with either of the two. I have big hands and find the P229 to be a very comfortable fit. Most people I go to the range with who shoot it, love it. Especially first timers...

-Capo

I was trying to buy the P226 version from my local store, and they said it would be a six month wait. I asked them about the P229 version, and they said also six months. Looking at other options, but at this point I might as well save my money. Six months is crazy.

I have a 226/40, shot a friends 229, did not see that big a differance, I also have several Glocks and 3 1911s, as I don't care much to have a real small gun to carry, the 226 share's about equal holster time with my G23,

I was trying to buy the P226 version from my local store, and they said it would be a six month wait. I asked them about the P229 version, and they said also six months. Looking at other options, but at this point I might as well save my money. Six months is crazy.

I suggest Gunbroker.com. I have bought the last several guns from GB and the prices are very good. Lots of competition makes for excellent pricing.

I found a local FFL that will transfer for $15.

Osage Guns on GB seems to have almost everything with no wait.

KK

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back