OVI and CCW in Ohio

max75

Hello all, I'm new here and have a question. I am wanting to get my ccw and am wondering if the ovi I got will prevent me? Only 1 ovi on my record. Also am proud to say I've been sober since august! I thank you in advance for your reply

OVI? If you have a Felony or a Domestic Violence complaint / conviction you cannot get a CCW anywhere. I am not sure what an OVI is.

Hello all, I'm new here and have a question. I am wanting to get my ccw and am wondering if the ovi I got will prevent me? Only 1 ovi on my record. Also am proud to say I've been sober since august! I thank you in advance for your reply

Yes it was drunk driving. Thank you all for the replies. I was worried about taking the class for nothing.

Here is what the Ohio Attorney General's CCW manual says about disqualifiers. Ohio law requires you to read this manual as one of the conditions of obtaining your license. Link Removed

The law states that you must not be under indictment, be charged with, or convicted of any felony. You also must not be under indictment, charged with, or convicted of an offense that involves trafficking in drugs, a misdemeanor offense of violence, or negligent assault. You may not obtain a license if you have been charged with falsification of a concealed handgun license.

In addition, you must not have been convicted, pleaded guilty, or been adjudicated as delinquent in connection with a crime that involves the illegal use, sale, possession, administration, distribution, or trafficking of a drug of abuse. You cannot have been convicted, pleaded guilty, or been adjudicated as delinquent for assaulting a peace officer. You must not, within three years of your application, have been convicted, pleaded guilty, or been adjudicated as delinquent in connection with a misdemeanor offense of violence against a peace officer.

You must not have been convicted, pleaded guilty, or been adjudicated as delinquent in connection with two or more assaults or negligent assaults within five years of your application. You must not have been convicted, pleaded guilty, or adjudicated as delinquent in connection with resisting arrest within 10 years of your application. If you are charged with an offense during the application process, the sheriff can suspend your application until your case is resolved.

The sheriff shall not consider the conviction, guilty plea, or adjudication of an applicant’s sealed records even if those sealed offenses would otherwise disqualify an applicant. If you have questions about sealed criminal records, consult an attorney.

Ovi & aplying for ccw

I had 2 ovi's at the time of my application and they approved me for mine. That was alil under 4 yrs ago. So you should be good to go. So go ahead and apply, you should get it with no problems. The only problem i had was it took them alil bit to approve it. I got mine with like 3-4 other ppl at an old job i had and mine was the last one to be approved of the group. The worst they can tell you is no right?

The main issue in Ohio, per a legal class I took from a local prosecuting attorney, is that if you're carrying then there's zero tolerance for blood alcohol.
If I stop and have a drink (staying legal to drive), my pistol gets unloaded & put in the trunk, separate from any ammo.

I hope this gets cleared up for you. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back