Out of state gun transfer

Hi,

Can anyone help me get my head around the gun transfer law here in NH?

My Father in law has given me a marlin rifle and a 1911 pistol from his collection. He lives in Oklahoma. Am I right in thinking that he has to send them to an FFL here in NH so that I can pick them up?

I find it confusing because there is no serial number / owner database here in NH as you can buy a gun privately if you know the person or they have a permit. I have spoken to two FFL’s and they said completely different things but that it would still cost $25 per gun.

Thanks.

I should add that I found this online with regard to Oklahoma, that seems to imply that I can take position of the guns and get on a plane and fly home to NH with no problems.

“No state permit is required for the purchase of a rifle, shotgun or handgun.

Residents may purchase legal firearms and ammunition from contiguous states, and residents of contiguous states may purchase firearms and ammunition in Oklahoma”

However I don't want to be a test case.

It has nothing to do with state laws. It is a federal law.

You will need to have the guns transfered to a NH FFL. Go to the FFL, fill out the paperwork for each gun, pay the fee and take them home.

Hi,

Can anyone help me get my head around the gun transfer law here in NH?

My Father in law has given me a marlin rifle and a 1911 pistol from his collection. He lives in Oklahoma. Am I right in thinking that he has to send them to an FFL here in NH so that I can pick them up?

I find it confusing because there is no serial number / owner database here in NH as you can buy a gun privately if you know the person or they have a permit. I have spoken to two FFL’s and they said completely different things but that it would still cost $25 per gun.

Thanks.

You need to find your self a good FFL. I have one in my area that charges nothing for transfars. All of the other shops are 25-35 dollars.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back