Open carry permit holder beaten by police?

It looks like the LameStream Media is going to try and turn this man's stupidity into yet another "Racial Injustice/Anti-Gun" campaign.

A Minneapolis man says he was beaten by police as he left a downtown nightclub.
Zachary King says he was walking to his car when police noticed his gun in his waist band.
He was also acquitted of manslaughter in 2008 after his pit bull mauled to death his 7-year-old son.

Carrying a loaded firearm into a "Nightclub" where alcohol is being served and egos are at an all time high?
It also sounds like he was doing a very poor job of 'concealing' his sidearm.
Not a very good idea.
His 7 year old son was 'mauled to death' by his pit bull??
Does not sound like he was a very good parent either!
Overall I would have to say that he's not very bright and probably not the kind of guy that should be carrying a loaded firearm in public i.m.h.o.

In Minnesota, you don't have to carry concealed, the permits are just a plain Permit to carry. It's up to you on how you want to carry, if the police got on him for carrying that's BS. You can carry in bars here or any place that serves alcohol as long as their isn't a sign posted other wise.

If the gun was in his waist band he wasn't open carrying, Can't really work up a lot od moral pout-rage over this one

If the gun was in his waist band he wasn't open carrying, Can't really work up a lot od moral pout-rage over this one

Interesting concept, last time I checked if I had my firearm in my IWB holster and IT wasn't covered, it still would be open carry. You could plainly see I had a firearm, which is what I thought open carry was. If I had a cover garment over my firearm it magically becomes concealed.

I live in MN and never heard of this story....down town has turned a little nasty here lately, I wouldn't go there carrying or not but if I were to carry, I may not go to nightclubs with it. The police were wrong in this one, but there have been quite a few shootings at night clubs downtown lately so I'm sure if you come out with a gun in your waist band, permit or not, the police are going to react quickly and not ask many questions first.

While I think their response may have been a bit harsh before establishing wether or not he had a permit, I put a bit of it on him. He's going to what is most likely a shady club and exits with a gun in his waist band. While there is no law against it, it may not be the smartest move....

I live in MN and never heard of this story....down town has turned a little nasty here lately

Well if downtown is where you have to go (not to a night club) and I mean "have" to go, then that's the place I would definitely WANT to carry! But that's just me

A Minneapolis man says he was beaten by police as he left a downtown nightclub.
Zachary King says he was walking to his car when police noticed his gun in his waist band.
He was also acquitted of manslaughter in 2008 after his pit bull mauled to death his 7-year-old son.

It looks like the LameStream Media is going to try and turn this man's stupidity into yet another "Racial Injustice/Anti-Gun" campaign.

Carrying a loaded firearm into a "Nightclub" where alcohol is being served is just plain stupid.
It also sounds like he was doing a very poor job of 'concealing' his sidearm.
His actions appear to be wreckless at best i.m.h.o.

It also says that his 7 year old son was 'mauled to death' by his pit bull? WTF??
He does not sound like he was a very good parent either i.m.o. ~SMFH~

Overall I would have to say that this man does not appear to be very bright and he probably is not the kind of individual that should be carrying a loaded firearm in public i.m.h.o.

A concealed firearm permit does not give anyone the right to behave wrecklessly, just like a driver license does not give anyone the right to drive wrecklessly.
Just my .02 cents.

Carrying a loaded firearm into a "Nightclub" where alcohol is being served is just plain stupid.

I have to ask, why?

Colorado allows one to carry a concealed firearm in locations that serve alcohol as long as you don't consume alcohol and we don't seem to have a real problem with it.

I have to ask, why?

Colorado allows one to carry a concealed firearm in locations that serve alcohol as long as you don't consume alcohol and we don't seem to have a real problem with it.

Because Alcohol gives far too many stupid people "Liquid Courage".
And Liquid Courage does not mix well around Firearms.

Case in point,
I remember one summer night in the mid 90's when me and a bunch of my old high school friends were all hanging out having a BBQ, we ended up playing some poker and by the evening this one dude was pretty drunk. Normally he was a very level headed dude and pretty easy going, but for some reason he started talking crap about wanting to play russian roulette (with his friggin semi-auto 9mm).

I basically told him that he was full of crap.

The next thing I knew, he went into his room and came out with his Ruger 9mm and looked me right in the eyes and said, "You think I'm bluffing" as he proceeded to chamber a round and pointed the gun to his temple.

I responded angrily "You are acting stupid bro! Put the Goddamn gun down now!"
He refused. So I immediatly got up and left while saying, "I'm out of here, fk this."

I have not hung out with that particular dude ever since that unfortunate incident.

Case in point,
I remember one summer night in the mid 90's when me and a bunch of my old high school friends were all hanging out having a BBQ, we ended up playing some poker and by the evening this one dude was pretty drunk. Normally he was a very level headed dude and pretty easy going, but for some reason he started talking crap about wanting to play russian roulette (with his friggin semi-auto 9mm).

Go back and read my post, the person carrying the firearm may not consume alcohol, only carry the firearm in a place where alcohol is served.

Well if downtown is where you have to go (not to a night club) and I mean "have" to go, then that's the place I would definitely WANT to carry! But that's just me

No no, if I'm going there, I'm brining a gun....You misunderstood me...I said carrying or not I don't like to go there....I would ALWAYS carry there and wouldn't set foot in a club lol....

Actually, carry in MN is legal even with a bit of alcohol. You can be up to 0.04... so it's like a commercial driver's license standard.

I don't agree with it. I think Michigan's standard of 'yes you can carry, and even in a bar, but you must have zero alcohol in you' is better. I know of some bars whose drinks will send you over 0.04 with a single cocktail. And, people don't always know when to quit.

But that's just my 2c.

ref: Link Removed

624.7142 CARRYING WHILE UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE.
Subdivision 1.Acts prohibited.
A person may not carry a pistol on or about the person's clothes or person in a public place:
(1) when the person is under the influence of a controlled substance, as defined in section 152.01, subdivision 4;
(2) when the person is under the influence of a combination of any two or more of the elements named in clauses (1) and (4);
(3) when the person is knowingly under the influence of any chemical compound or combination of chemical compounds that is listed as a hazardous substance in rules adopted under section 182.655 and that affects the nervous system, brain, or muscles of the person so as to impair the person's clearness of intellect or physical control;
(4) when the person is under the influence of alcohol;
(5) when the person's alcohol concentration is 0.10 or more; or
(6) when the person's alcohol concentration is less than 0.10, but more than 0.04.

Grant Vlasak
GUNCLASSES.NET (A division of Practical Training Solutions, LLC)
T 612.424.7955 Ext.101
GunClasses.net | Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind
"Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind"

Again, we have another story in which we cannot get the LE's story since it is under investigation. This happens quite a lot. We get a lot of moral outrage from hearing one side of a story, it then goes to trial and it is found that "this that or the other thing happened" and the police were justified, but that doesn't get as much attention.

I do not know if this person is innocent or guilty of any crime and neither do any of us at this point.

Because Alcohol gives far too many stupid people "Liquid Courage".
And Liquid Courage does not mix well around Firearms.

Case in point,

I basically told him that he was full of crap.

The next thing I knew, he went into his room and came out with his Ruger 9mm and looked me right in the eyes and said, "You think I'm bluffing" as he proceeded to chamber a round and pointed the gun to his temple.

I responded angrily "You are acting stupid bro! Put the Goddamn gun down now!"
He refused. So I immediatly got up and left while saying, "I'm out of here, fk this."

I have not hung out with that particular dude ever since that unfortunate incident.

This is why "ginning up" was used by the British infantry in musket days.

ooh boy...

Mpls. Man: Police Beat Me For Gun, Despite My Permit « CBS Minnesota

Grant Vlasak
GUNCLASSES.NET (A division of Practical Training Solutions, LLC)
T 612.424.7955 Ext.101
GunClasses.net | Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind
"Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind"

Form the looks of things, he was probably beaten because he was black, not just because his inadvertently flashed his CCW piece.

Don't know whether he resisted arrest. Maybe and maybe not.

Offhand I would say this guy is a dummazz, first for flashing his CCW, then by expecting to get away with it in a lily white place such as Minnnnnessssota.

And as Morgan Freeman says, on the Jay Leno Tonight Show, you cannot get to the Olympics by being a dummazz.

Go back and read my post, the person carrying the firearm may not consume alcohol, only carry the firearm in a place where alcohol is served.

Still a bad idea i.m.h.o.
Liquid courage tends to make many drunken a$$holes violent and to go out looking for fights.

So now let's say that you or I is inside the establishment drinking an alcohol free soda and then some dumba$$ who is drunk on liquid courage decides to pick a fight with you the CHL carrier for no reason other than he doesn't like your face?
Now what??

Yes, you could try reasoning with the drunken moron, but chances are he will still want to assault you.
What if you can easily kick his butt, but then he decides to pull out a knife? Now what??
It happens in nightclubs and bars quite often enough actually.

All I'm saying is that i.m.h.o., it's not a very good idea to bring a loaded sidearm into a room full of boozers.

That's probably the biggest reason why I do not normally frequent such places in the first place. Alcohol consumption is much safer and far less expensive within my own home.

Still a bad idea i.m.h.o.
Liquid courage tends to make many drunken a$$holes violent and to go out looking for fights.

So now let's say that you or I is inside the establishment drinking an alcohol free soda and then some dumba$$ who is drunk on liquid courage decides to pick a fight with you the CHL carrier for no reason other than he doesn't like your face?
Now what??

Yes, you could try reasoning with the drunken moron, but chances are he will still want to assault you.
What if you can easily kick his butt, but then he decides to pull out a knife? Now what??
It happens in nightclubs and bars quite often enough actually.

All I'm saying is that i.m.h.o., it's not a very good idea to bring a loaded sidearm into a room full of boozers.

That's probably the biggest reason why I do not normally frequent such places in the first place. Alcohol consumption is much safer and far less expensive within my own home.

So, you’d rather I face the knife wielding drunk unarmed?
IMO your argument is more for not going to a bar, period.
I haven’t been to an actual bar in years but I do periodically eat at Red Lobster (serves alcohol) or Applebees (serves alcohol) or The Olive Garden (serves alcohol). And I like the fact that I can carry in them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back