Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop

The numbers aren't available for NYC permit holders. They don't publish them or provide them to the state.
Let's rephrase the entire thing for clarity...
NYS, outside of NYC has 11 million residents. Effective 12/31/2010 there were 1.2 million state-issued permits in that population. Persons residing in NYC are not issued NYS permits. In conclusion, outside of the NYC population, roughly 1 in 8 persons (out of 11 million) has a CCW permit. Anyone who doubts this can give me an email address and I'll forward the entire list of persons with a CCW in NYS. 1.2 million names on that list as o 2010.
There. Nice and tidy.
there are around 20 million people in NY State taking your numbers as stated that would make the numbers for permit holders about 1 in almost 20, can cannot choose which part of NY you want to include or exclude to inflate your figures

The numbers aren't available for NYC permit holders. They don't publish them or provide them to the state.
Let's rephrase the entire thing for clarity...
NYS, outside of NYC has 11 million residents. Effective 12/31/2010 there were 1.2 million state-issued permits in that population. Persons residing in NYC are not issued NYS permits. In conclusion, outside of the NYC population, roughly 1 in 8 persons (out of 11 million) has a CCW permit. Anyone who doubts this can give me an email address and I'll forward the entire list of persons with a CCW in NYS. 1.2 million names on that list as o 2010.
There. Nice and tidy.

So what you are basically saying is the of the people who are eligible for a NY STATE permit (which would include no one that resides in NYC) 1 in 8 has the STATE issued permit which would be INVALID in NYC anyway. Which is the same as saying that your numbers don't include residents of Tulsa because they can't get an NY STATE permit anyway either.

Why is that so hard for some folks to understand?

there are around 20 million people in NY State taking your numbers as stated that would make the numbers for permit holders about 1 in almost 20, can cannot choose which part of NY you want to include or exclude to inflate your figures

No but you can exclude those who would not be able to get the STATE permit anyway. you might as well say he can't exclude the population of Newark

No but you can exclude those who would not be able to get the STATE permit anyway. you might as well say he can't exclude the population of Newark

newark is in NJ, not NY
you appear to be a troll, please return to your bridge and stop polluting the forum with your drivel

That's the problem with folks that are uneducated... I OC all the time waiting for a uneducated person to say something... I will educate them quickly....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

But an NY STATE permit is just as valid in both places (Newark and NYC) and NY CITY residents are just as eligible for the STATE permit as Newark residents are

Of course I do after all I posted an opinion contrary to yours
You have cites and/or links that prove NYC folks can qualify for a NYS permit? And that a NYS permit is valid in NYC? Kinda contradicts this post:

Yes of course, it is part of NYS. But when discussing state issued permits NYC is not considered because the state permit is not valid in NYC. You must get a NYC permit under their law. And the NYC permit is not valid anywhere outside the boundaries of NYC. A NYC resident may not obtain a NYS CCW permit. No state honors a NYC permit, even NYS. So when we quote state permit statistics we don't include permits issued in NYC, thus we don't include the population in the numbers. NYC isolated themselves long ago by codifying into the state penal law various provisions (Article 400) that exempt them from certain state laws. One is guns and permits. A sticky situation for sure. State residents have been jailed for carrying their gun into the cesspool.
Most of us are ashamed of NYC and try our best to distance ourselves from that stench. We focus on our own populace which is very different in beliefs and views. The point of my posts has always been to get folks to understand that outside of the city we're different than the pavement pounders. We're more in-line with rural America. I think 1.2 million CCW permits in 11 million residents shows we're different than people who live in the stink-hole.
Actually, truth be told... I'm leaning towards the following post being the truth.

Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
newark is in NJ, not NY
you appear to be a troll, please return to your bridge and stop polluting the forum with your drivel

newark is in NJ, not NY
APVBGUY, leave him alone. He has a different opinion than you so he's a troll? Perhaps Luke should look at your history of name calling when someone's opinion differs from yours.
What does APVBGUY mean anyway? Just curious. A Pee'd-off very bad guy? You lost this one a very long time ago. Just swallow. What's the difficulty understanding this? They're not eligible for a state permit so their population isn't included BY NEW YORK STATE.
AGAIN. let's rephrase the entire thing for clarity...
NYS, outside of NYC has 11 million residents. Effective 12/31/2010 there were 1.2 million state-issued permits in that population of 11 million. Divide 11 million by 1.2 million. It's basic math. Persons residing in NYC are not issued NYS permits. Their population is not included in the state stats. These aren't my numbers, they're published by NY State. So, in conclusion, outside of the NYC population, roughly 1 in 8 persons (out of 11 million) has a CCW permit. Anyone who doubts this can give me an email address and I'll forward the entire list of persons with a CCW in NYS. 1.2 million names on that list as of 2010.
This is sort of fun. Reminds me of teaching years ago at a small college in upstate NY. Some people just won't understand an issue. Some tried but just didn't have the ability while others refused to acknowledge... they were obtuse. Then again, I failed that group. I was looking at a lot of your posts to see if its just me you do this to or is it everyone. Found that your behavior here is part of an overall pattern. Very nasty guy. Please go stalk another poster. We're done. You've lost. Responding again won't win it for you. You might not agree with the manner in which the numbers are computed but that's how the state does it. Your argument is with them not me.

You're a crackup. A North Floridian calling a New Yorker a hick. Sort goes against everything you've been posting about us.

here's a clue for the not too swift upstate NY people.
people who have been able to have made some good, some lucky and some wise decisions in their lives are able to escape the hell hole known as the NE part of the US and move to places like FLA.
you can keep your bad weather, your high taxes, your libturd infested places and your whacky politicians whom are stealing your rights along with your money.
here in FLA I enjoy good weather, low taxes, well managed and less intrusive government and best of all the ability to avail myself of my constitutional rights.

enjoy your thanksgiving ice storms

So what you are basically saying is the of the people who are eligible for a NY STATE permit (which would include no one that resides in NYC) 1 in 8 has the STATE issued permit which would be INVALID in NYC anyway. Which is the same as saying that your numbers don't include residents of Tulsa because they can't get an NY STATE permit anyway either.

Why is that so hard for some folks to understand?

Maybe, just maybe it is because the people of NYC are in fact residents of NYS, where the people of Tulsa aren't.
~
The consensus from you point of view is that the people who live in NYC don't count as residents of the Great State of New York.
~
That's what is so hard to understand. Do you think the residents who have gone to great lengths to own guns and that live in NYC shouldn't count as the great patriots they are. That is what is wrong with your point of view and where the progressives will bring us down when we ourselves won't give credit where credit is due. To citizens that will fight against the system to bear arms in the face of adversity.

people who have been able to have made some good, some lucky and some wise decisions in their lives are able to escape the hell hole known as the NE part of the US and move to places like FLA.
you can keep your bad weather, your high taxes, your libturd infested places and your whacky politicians whom are stealing your rights along with your money.
here in FLA I enjoy good weather, low taxes, well managed and less intrusive government and best of all the ability to avail myself of my constitutional rights.

NE FL would be Jacksonville area.
1] Gets cold, even has snowed there.
2] FL has it's share of whacky politicians.
3] 62% of all foreclosed properties are in the state of FL.
4] Can you OC in FL?

Since my thread was hijacked anyway, what the heck.

NE FL would be Jacksonville area.
1] Gets cold, even has snowed there.
it has and it snows about as often as there is a unicorn sightinh

2] FL has it's share of whacky politicians.
true but unlike the libturd infested NE the whack jobs politicians here in FLA are in the minority party and are good fodder for jokes
3] 62% of all foreclosed properties are in the state of FL.
on this I call BS, provide your source of FACTUAL data for this statement
Can you OC in FL?
in certain circumstances yes, for me it is a moot point because I would never consider OC

Since my thread was hijacked anyway, what the heck.
YOUR THREAD? this is a public forum, once you create a thread it is open for anyone to participate in

it has and it snows about as often as there is a unicorn sightinh
So since it does snow there, then you are stating FL has Unicorns???

true but unlike the libturd infested NE the whack jobs politicians here in FLA are in the minority party and are good fodder for jokes
so are all stupid politicians fodder for jokes

on this I call BS, provide your source of FACTUAL data for this statement
Seriously? Fl is God's waiting room. Most of the properties I deal with on a daily basis are there due to owners are dead, the place is a wreck, and nobody wants to step up and claim it.

in certain circumstances yes, for me it is a moot point because I would never consider OC
Don't knock it until you try it. I CC due to work, but have done both.

YOUR THREAD? this is a public forum, once you create a thread it is open for anyone to participate in
You seem to be bitter, lighten up spanky, it was a bit of humor. Don't take yourself so seriously, trust me, no one else does. I am well aware anyone can participate in a thread, most people try to stay on the subject is all.

The consensus from you point of view is that the people who live in NYC don't count as residents of the Great State of New York.

They are residents of NY but they are no more eligible to get a state permit than the folks in Tulsa are or to say it another way they (the NYC residents) are just as able to get a NYS permit as they are to get an Oklahoma permit. You can't throw people who couldn't get the state permit if they wanted to into your pool of potential applicants to skew the numbers
~
That's what is so hard to understand. Do you think the residents who have gone to great lengths to own guns and that live in NYC shouldn't count as the great patriots they are. That is what is wrong with your point of view and where the progressives will bring us down when we ourselves won't give credit where credit is due. To citizens that will fight against the system to bear arms in the face of adversity.

Sure count them as patriots all day long but don't count them in the same group as people who are able to get the state permit and opt not to

Maybe, just maybe it is because the people of NYC are in fact residents of NYS, where the people of Tulsa aren't.
~
~
We don't include them because NYC won't give out the numbers. Many people are under the assumption that one can't have a handgun in NYC. To the contrary there are a lot of handguns in NYC. You can get a permit very easily. Carrying the gun is the issue in NYC, not owning it. If we had number for the city we'd include their population. When doing any statistical study you can't count part of any variable. We can't count NYC population if we can't apply the number of permits. THAT, skews the stats. So I provided the numbers published by NYS. They're not my figures. But if a certain population may not have a state permit then that entire population is excepted from the statistics. This is covered extensively in most college statistics courses.

Again with the insults. So every one of the 11 million people in upstate NY are "not too swift?" That's an educated statement for sure. There's an old saying... when you regard everyone in the neighborhood as an ass, you're probably the problem." I think the comments about taxes are funny. NY has among the highest salaries in the country. And we surely don't feel the tax pinch. And we like the snow. We ski, snowmobile, ice skate and have a great winter.
BTW, I live half the year in your state. Tequesta/Jupiter near the Jupiter inlet. Be there right after New Years. You gonna welcome me?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back