One vet to another vet

I do not want to start a flame war, but Memorial Day is a military day meant for the rememberance of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines of the Armed Forces that have died. I find it disrespectful to include anyone else. It is not meant for civilian deaths or to honor those outside of the military. Please do some research and have some respect for those personel and their families that have sacrificed more than most who go home daily after work.....

Army Infantry 1989-Present
Currently deployed, again

I'm sorry that you are so sensitive. Realize that the US Memorial Day site says "Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service." No disrespect was intended.

I'm sorry that you are so sensitive. Realize that the US Memorial Day site says "Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service." No disrespect was intended.

Not sensitive, just would like it to be used correctly. It's for rememberence of those that died in this nation's wars.

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 31 in 2010). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service.[1] First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War – it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the Civil War – it was extended after World War I to honor Americans who have died in all wars.

+1 :yu:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back