Oklahoma Open Carry Petition

My wife and I signed and so did all of my close friends.

I dont personally care to open-carry. But it is nice to have more freedom.

Urge Governor Henry to sign HB3354

Here is an email I sent today to all who signed my petition and made their email address
visible to me. HB3354 is on the Governor's desk, awaiting his signature.
If you agree with this email, please act on it and share with others.

Thanks!

email follows:

SUBJECT: Urge Governor Henry to sign the open carry bill!

You're receiving this email because you support the Petition for Open Carry in Oklahoma at Open Carry in Oklahoma Petition.

Governor Henry appears to be wavering on whether to sign HB 3354 which would legalize open carry for those holding the Oklahoma license to conceal a handgun. See
Link Removed

The Governor has been told that YOU, one of over 11,000 Oklahoma citizens who have signed the open carry petition, might present some sort of danger to our state law enforcement officers if you take your jacket off while lawfully carrying a properly holstered handgun.

This hypothesis has no basis in fact - 43 states allow open carry, most without any need for a license, and no state has experienced threats to police officers by open carriers. In fact, all rank and file police officers in the field know that the true threat to them comes from criminals concealing guns.

Your IMMEDIATE action is need to help persuade Governor Henry to do the right thing and sign HB 3354 - URGENT - we literally only have hours or days to make this happen!

ACTION ITEM: Call AND email Governor Henry TODAY and let him know we want this bill signed!

1. SUGGESTED PHONE MESSAGE - call (405) 521-2342 TODAY and leave a BRIEF voice mail or message with staff - example: "Governor Henry, Please sign HB 3354 to make Oklahoma the 44th state to allow open carry. My name is ____ and I live in ____ here in Oklahoma. Thank you."

2. SUGGESTED EMAIL MESSAGE - go to Governor Brad Henry TODAY and fill in your contact info.

Suggested Topic: Please sign Please sign HB 3354 to make Oklahoma the 44th state to allow open carry

Suggested message:

Dear Governor Henry:

Please sign HB 3354 to make Oklahoma the 44th state to allow open carry!

Open carry is a valuable individual right and has not endangered police officers in the 44 states that allow it, including in America's great cities, from Atlanta, to Richmond, to Pittsburgh, to Toledo, to Seattle, and beyond.

In fact, police officers in Georgia have recently reported that open carry deterred a violent armed robbery. See Link Removed

Moreover, rank and file Oklahoma police officers in the field already know what a recent FBI study concluded - that even in open carry states, violent criminals always CONCEAL their guns and don't ever wear holsters. See Anthony Pinizzotto, et al., Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers, FBI (2006) (finding that violent criminals carefully "conceal" their guns and "eschew holsters"), summarized at Link Removed.

As you know, in most states, no permit is required to open carry at age 18, see maps at Link Removed & Link Removed, and this usually includes both US citizens and legal resident aliens alike.

But even after you sign HB 3354, Oklahoma will continue to have some of the most strict handgun carry controls in the United States because the bill only legalizes open carry for persons who are (1) US citizens, (2) over 21 years of age, and, (3) also already holding the Oklahoma Conceal Carry Permit. These are the same trustworthy Oklahomans carrying handguns in public throughout Oklahoma every day.

Over 11,000 Oklahomans have signed the open carry petition. I join them in urging you to sign HB 3354.

This issue is very important to me and many other people. Please let me know what you are going to do.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME

An update from Oklahoma

An update from Oklahoma :

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9 (had a few liberals in the mix), an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...! HB 1330

Guess what........... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional. SB 1102

Guess what........ Oklahoma did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas , Montana , and Utah as the only states to do so. More states are likely to follow: Louisiana , Alabama , Georgia , the Carolina 's, Tennessee , Kentucky , Missouri , Arkansas , West Virginia , Mississippi , and Florida . Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again. HJR 1003

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the criminals (and Obamaites). Liberals didn't like it --

but ....

Guess what........... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Just this month, my state has voted and passed a law that ALL driver's license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. We have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of our road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English. Really simple.

By the way, Obama does not like any of this.

Guess what....... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.

To Verify:

Link Removed

Strict immigration law rattles Okla. businesses - USATODAY.com

Oklahoma Laws concerning the 10 Commandments, illegal aliens, firearms and state sovereignty- Truth!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back