Oklahoma mother shoots home invader

xdmgator

While she was on the phone with 911....sometimes they just pick the wrong house :)

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html

Since the link didnt work for me, I did a yahoo search for 'kill home invader'. I was totally surprised at the number of returns I got.

Yeah sorry about the link it's a Yahoo thing &@)(,? But apparently she gave the business end of a dbl. barrel shotgun to an invader ., one less bad guy on the streets and one less to spend 50k a year on to sit in jail.

I saw it on the news this afternoon. I was surprised to see them play it in my state. Massachusetts doesn't show pro gun stuff like this story.

I saw it on the news this afternoon. I was surprised to see them play it in my state. Massachusetts doesn't show pro gun stuff like this story.

Are you sure it was pro-gun or were they sorry for the poor misguided moron who was just trying to get a drink? (Just givin you a hard time! lol)

Double barrel shotgun - I do love simple! Point and create hole! As one of my favorite actors once said, "That's real good shooting." - John Wayne - Big Jake

God Bless OK and this lady, same thing will take place at my house, anyone breaking into my home will be dog bit, shot or both.

I live in Florida and recently purchased a Glock 26 for self defense, my father called me from Pennsylvania this morning to tell me about this news article! I think he and I both feel more secure knowing I have the means to defend myself. I found an article online that stated the suspect had been stalking her for some time and killed her two dogs a few days prior to the break-in. I am very glad to hear she was able to defend herself and her child!

ON tv today, re-enactment....great form, cell at shoulder to ear, revolver also ready to go....Love it! I hope she does well going forward, a lot to deal with for her.

This woman is a real life heroine. I can only wish her the very best going forward.

This woman was on the phone with 911 for twenty-one minutes. GMA sure didn't report that. I guess I should be grateful that they didn't report it in a totally negative manner. Twenty-one minutes, this had to be an eternity. Yo! brady bunch, want to tell me again how I can rely on the police to protect me.

The dispatcher here deserves a round of applause. I have done that job and let me tell those of you who haven't, it is far more complicated than it seems from the outside. I went into that job thinking, how hard can it be, answer the phone, send a rig or two to an address, wait for the next call. Boy was I wrong. I can't tell you how happy I was to get back in the ambulance where I only had to keep people alive. This dispatcher kept her cool and provided this woman with the emotional support over a protracted time frame. Twenty-one minutes, yes, she had a significant effect on the outcome of this event.

I other news, we have a man in jail for placing his hand on a gun while faced with eight trespassers on his property. How would this woman fared in CA or NY? It really does seem to matter which jurisdiction you are in.

I think when she was on the phone with 911 she said "I have 2 guns in my hand, Can I shoot them if they come in??". I said Baby Girl was well prepared for the intruder!!!

It amazes me what this young woman has gone through in the last few months...

She found out she was pregnant, got married, her husband was diagnosed (with cancer, I think), he passed away right around Christmas, then just after New Year's, a widow with a babe-in-arms, two guys spend over 20 minutes trying to break into her house.

Luckily when the first one got through (and came at her and her baby with a knife) she was able to stop him with her shotgun. The other guy ran away (hopefully to tell all the other bad-guys to leave her alone "cuz she's got a gun!"

What an amazing woman!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back