OHIO open and concealed carr IN CAR CONFUSION

TENmm

I have recently read that in OHIO you CAN carry OPEN but ONLY IF YOU HAVE A CCW OF OHIO.
So ...

1- Does it mean that if I drive and stay in ohio with my: AZ resident, FL non resident, UT non resident, NH non resident permits...That I CANT carry in the car whatsoever openly or concealed?

2- I know that OH respects the permits from AZ,FL,UT while you are carrying by foot, but are these legal while I drive too?

3- Can I OPEN CARRY BY FOOT with non-resident permits of the states I mentioned above? How long can I stay in this state while visiting and carrying?

4- CITY PARKS: open carry allowed?
CCW allowed?
5- STATE PARKS: open carry allowed?
CCW allowed?

The way I read it is: If you have a permit from another state that is honored in OH you are good to go but you still must observe the laws of that state you are currently visiting. If OH says that open carry is allowed with a permit and your permit is honored then that is legal. There may be city or local ordinances that come into play so you should be aware of them as well. It is your responsibility to know what those laws are when you are out and about such as a "must notify" requirement.

This from the Ohio Attorney General Website:

Ohio law gives the Attorney General the right to negotiate concealed carry handgun reciprocity agreements with other states.

Under such agreements, Ohio and other states agree to respect each other's concealed carry laws and recognize each other's permit holders.

In assessing whether to enter a reciprocity agreement, the Attorney General must determine if another state's concealed carry law and requirements are "substantially comparable" to Ohio's.

More here Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Agreements

I have recently read that in OHIO you CAN carry OPEN but ONLY IF YOU HAVE A CCW OF OHIO.

This is incorrect, no license is needed for open carry. HOWEVER, Ohio considers any type of carry in a motor vehicle as "concealed", so no matter what your mode of carry, you need a license.

1- Does it mean that if I drive and stay in ohio with my: AZ resident, FL non resident, UT non resident, NH non resident permits...That I CANT carry in the car whatsoever openly or concealed?

False. Since you have a couple licenses recognized by Ohio, you can legally carry a loaded handgun in a car. Whether you carry concealed or open is up to you.

2- I know that OH respects the permits from AZ,FL,UT while you are carrying by foot, but are these legal while I drive too?

First, your AZ license is not valid in Ohio. AZ insisted that OH only recognize AZ resident licenses. Your FL & UT licenses are valid in OH. It does not matter if inside or outside a vehicle.

3- Can I OPEN CARRY BY FOOT with non-resident permits of the states I mentioned above? How long can I stay in this state while visiting and carrying?

You don't need a license to open carry on foot. Years? How long are your FL and UT licenses good for?

4- CITY PARKS: open carry allowed?
CCW allowed?

Yes to both. OH has state preemption and there is nothing cities, counties or other political subdivisions can do to limit carry whether it be open or concealed.

5- STATE PARKS: open carry allowed?
CCW allowed?

Yes, state parks are legal for both. Do be aware that there may be some government owned buildings that would be off-limits.

P.S. Who is disseminating the incorrect info that a license is needed to open carry in OHIO?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back