NY Cops at it again - shoot unarmed man

There is no police rule that says you have to be armed to get shot. Intent, ability, opportunity, jeopardy. Same standard as you and I.

There is no police rule that says you have to be armed to get shot. Intent, ability, opportunity, jeopardy. Same standard as you and I.

The problem here Otis is if you or I did something like this there would be hell to pay.

The problem here Otis is if you or I did something like this there would be hell to pay.

I disagree. Without a full investigation who knows. Again, even without a weapon, if the ability, opportunity, and jeopardy were present factors....than no prosecution or at least an aquittal.

The police officer's story and the passenger's story are extremely different.

This one needs a very in-depth investigation to figure out what really happened.

Also, who the hell keeps a power drill under the seat? And how would that pose a threat to an officer who is outside of the driver's reach anyway?

However, if this was a murder, it was a very stupid one since 2 witnesses were in the car. I say let the court figure it out.

I call Bravo Sierra on the NYPD as having the same standards as you and I. They can shoot innocent bystanders with impunity. They can pull innocent civillians off the sidewalk and into the street and charge them with being in the street.
Bull Connor, chief of Birmingham AL, PD in '63 would blush at the beatified, militarized techniques of the seventh largest army in the world. Any self-respecting law enforcement officer would not worry for the statist Bloomberg---CiC of seventh largest army in world---who seems bent on a coup of the U.S. gov't.

I call Bravo Sierra on the NYPD as having the same standards as you and I. They can shoot innocent bystanders with impunity. They can pull innocent civillians off the sidewalk and into the street and charge them with being in the street.
Bull Connor, chief of Birmingham AL, PD in '63 would blush at the beatified, militarized techniques of the seventh largest army in the world. Any self-respecting law enforcement officer would not worry for the statist Bloomberg---CiC of seventh largest army in world---who seems bent on a coup of the U.S. gov't.

Talking smack. ............

This is bad any way you look at it. It's happened too many times in NYC. Maybe Bloomy needs to focus on his PD instead of civilians.

It's not smack if it's accurate. The once-proud NYPD is in sad shape. They can't shoot straight. They don't know when and when not to shoot. They pull uninvolved citizens off the sidewalk and into the street to arrest them for being in the street. Bloomberg is a statist who acts as if the Constitution doesn't exist.Occupy 1 year anniversary Sept 17th Journalist Arrest - YouTube
I find little political common ground with Occupy, but the First Amendment says they are permitted do what they are doing. I have said this to an Occupy opinion leader: "We cannot pick and choose which part of the Constitution to support. We both need to support all of it or NONE of it will be recognized." ...which is what's happening with Bloomberg and the NYPD.

I think its convenient for the off duty officer to be asleep,during a cutoff,loud yelling and a lights no siren(?),so as to not have to testify on a fellow officer.Other reports says she waved her id out the window.Same cop city had settled a lawsuit concerning terrorizing an elderly couple.
A man with 2 women in the car doesnt strike me as the kind that would do much or be prone to violence.
Regardless they will clear ,wrong full death suits need to be filed.

Maybe blommy needs to make NY cops like the bobbies of the UK! give them a little club and keep the guns in there cars.

Then they would be beating random people to death,while reaching for a Styrofoam blunt object.
Ive been there,now retired couldnt pay me enough now.
Lastly a 12 lb trigger pull does not make everyone else but the perp safe just about the opposite.
Shoot enough times you get the perp and 9 or ten bystanders.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back