NY and AR-15s.. please help

harleyhunter

Sorry this may be a stupid question but... Is there any legal way to buy an AR 15 in NY?

Drive south on 95 about 3 hours. Cross over the Potomac river and you will be in the land of the free. Buy an AR15 here in less than 10 minutes along with as many 30 round mags that you want. Tell your pals still in new York about the freedom you experienced here. Move everyone you can out of new York until it starves to death financially. Then move back to new York with Virginia values.

The AR-15 is an assault weapon, and those are banned in New York. So, to answer your question, "NO."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys. I love people who suggest moving out of state. Like its a trip to disney land to relocate a family, get a new career, and every other thing that goes along with that.

As a native Virginian this brought a tear to my eye. And to think that I was once dumb enough to move to the Virgin Islands.

Nv
Thanks guys. I love people who suggest moving out of state. Like its a trip to disney land to relocate a family, get a new career, and every other thing that goes along with that.

When you and your family have had enough freedom and liberty stripped away from you...how much does it take?...then maybe you can move. New York has finally become a serfdom So what does that make you. I vey wise man once said that a person willing to trade liberty for security has neither. Security is also defined as financial well being, which the government will also take. In Virginia we are all treated like adults...in new York only the chosen ones are treated like adults. Goodl luck in the gulags.

The AR-15 is an assault weapon, and those are banned in New York. So, to answer your question, "NO."

Only according to liberal anti-gunners is an AR-15 an assault weapon. To those that know the difference it's a semi-automatic rifle. :)

So glad you love all of us so much. I truly feel sorry for you but the answer you do not want, as you state above, is unfortunately the ONLY answer to your problem as long as a state like NY has a cretin political system of nanny government without a hint of trust in its electorate to act responsibly about literally anything. Just remember that someday you will retire and you can move.

So glad you love all of us so much. I truly feel sorry for you but the answer you do not want, as you state above, is unfortunately the ONLY answer to your problem as long as a state like NY has a cretin political system of nanny government without a hint of trust in its electorate to act responsibly about literally anything. Just remember that someday you will retire and you can move.

I'm fortunate in the fact that I could move my family from NY. The problem I have, is that if everybody just gives up, and nobody takes a stand, nothing is ever going to change here. So I contribute to the NRA, I contribute to the NYSRPA, I write letters to my congressman, and even to my totally worthless senators. I'm as active with my local gun club as I can be, and I engage a lot of people in conversations about the sad state of not just our gun rights, but all our rights here in NY. Everybody has to take a stand somewhere, and for me right now it is here.

You must buy a stripped lower receiver and build a compliant rifle. Or find someone building compliant rifles for sale.

I'm fortunate in the fact that I could move my family from NY. The problem I have, is that if everybody just gives up, and nobody takes a stand, nothing is ever going to change here. So I contribute to the NRA, I contribute to the NYSRPA, I write letters to my congressman, and even to my totally worthless senators. I'm as active with my local gun club as I can be, and I engage a lot of people in conversations about the sad state of not just our gun rights, but all our rights here in NY. Everybody has to take a stand somewhere, and for me right now it is here.

The problem with NY is it is already broken and will not change. NYC and the big cities with the "takers" and the "ignorant" consistently outvote anyone else and it seems there is no "big voice" out there who can challenge the status quo. How in the world did you end up with Crappy Cuomo? He is piss ass clone of his know it all father and had no real credentials to be governor--he was "hand weaned" by the system and the powers that be to be where he is. How in the world did NY end up with a Hillary as senator when she does not even know who the Yankees are? More of the same. NY is rigged and you are just a piece of sand on a big beach. I applaud you for trying but I get better results spitting in the ocean and getting sea levels higher than you. I wish I could offer hope but yada yada yada.

I understand all sides and opinions. My situation sucks cause I'm divorced and have 2 beautiful daughters. I cant move cause they live here in the state. Once my youngest hits 18 I am moving to my other house I own in South Carolina. So before you guys go on tyrants about how can I stay in such a state people have real life issues and situations that dictates their lives at times.

Can some one in PM explain to me how I can make a compliant ar15 with a stripped lower. Thank you

Nv

When you and your family have had enough freedom and liberty stripped away from you...how much does it take?...then maybe you can move. New York has finally become a serfdom So what does that make you. I vey wise man once said that a person willing to trade liberty for security has neither. Security is also defined as financial well being, which the government will also take. In Virginia we are all treated like adults...in new York only the chosen ones are treated like adults. Goodl luck in the gulags.
So let me know when Virginia allows you to have a beer while armed. I'll take 7 on my hip over 17 in the car. That, sir, is gun control at its worst.

Only according to liberal anti-gunners is an AR-15 an assault weapon. To those that know the difference it's a semi-automatic rifle. :)

You're right. What I should've said was that it's a scary-looking black rifle that makes antis pee in their pants; anything that's black and scary-looking is banned there.

Harley, I totally understand and empathize! It does give me pause to think about the amazing courage of the Pilgrims though. Also of other immigrants and those young men that (yes of course women also but Horace didn't mention them) went west.

I understand all sides and opinions. My situation sucks cause I'm divorced and have 2 beautiful daughters. I cant move cause they live here in the state. Once my youngest hits 18 I am moving to my other house I own in South Carolina. So before you guys go on tyrants about how can I stay in such a state people have real life issues and situations that dictates their lives at times.

Can some one in PM explain to me how I can make a compliant ar15 with a stripped lower. Thank you

Hope the S Carolina thing comes to pass for you. Since you are in Rockland, for a short solution come just across the border to Pike Co. Pa. Not the best situation but still commuting distance. Good luck.

So let me know when Virginia allows you to have a beer while armed. I'll take 7 on my hip over 17 in the car. That, sir, is gun control at its worst.

If you are advocating being intoxicated while armed I hope I find myself in a position to one day confiscate ll of your firearms. You are a bit of a danger. Drunks with guns!!! Oh...you are only talking about one beer...I see...so you won't be s...faced drunk just a bit of a buzz...sure buzzing with guns. You kep your cirrhosis and I will kep my bullets.

If you are advocating being intoxicated while armed I hope I find myself in a position to one day confiscate ll of your firearms. You are a bit of a danger. Drunks with guns!!! Oh...you are only talking about one beer...I see...so you won't be s...faced drunk just a bit of a buzz...sure buzzing with guns. You kep your cirrhosis and I will kep my bullets.
So you want to take my guns for NOT violating a law? You want to violate my rights without cause? This is not illegal in NYS.
One beer isn't harming anyone let alone liver cirrhosis. Plus, we're not talking about being intoxicated. We're not talking about drunks. In NYS you may carry your gun as long as you're not drunk. In many states you can't even walk in the front door of such an establishment while armed.
So, OK, I'll play... You can't carry a gun in church in VA. Gun control at it's worst. Seven on the hip in church beats 30 in the car. No. I'll keep my guns, religion and NY salaries. You keep VA.

Ok how about if I buy a stripped lower can I build myself an ar with a pinned stock, a pistol grip, and a pinned magazine? I have a pre ban one but would like to know that I can build another one and I'm willing to pin the magazine and load it by popping the rear pin to separate the lower and upper and load it that way. Also if I do this will I have to register it?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back