Number of concealed weapons carryed

Rocketgeezer

At work we were discussing, extra mags vs extra guns, the guys all knew I had several pistols, but I try to stay out of these discussions, anyways I took the stance of carrying a extra compact gun instead of two or three mags, my question is how many guns has any of you carryed concealed at one time

I carry one. I'm not out looking for a fight and I stay away from areas of possible conflict. One gun ten rounds, I'm good with that. :pleasantry:

Carry sig p 238 every day all day carried in my pocket (spare magazine in other pocket). I will also carry my Jericho as much as possible. Jericho has one extra mag. Extra mags are not just for extra rounds, but for the chance of mag malfunction.

The most I have carried at one time, not seriously though, 6. 2 shoulder, 2 hip, 2 pocket. Only cause I could...I'm sure that is no where near a record though...

»

number of Concealed Guns carried

I personally carry 2, one Springfield Sub Compct XD40 in my concealed Tshirt. There are several available, and are perfect for my Sub Compact. I also carry the Kimber Pro Carry 4 inch Barrel in my IWB. I do carry 2 extra Mags for my 45, just because they carry 7 rounds, with one in the chamber. My 40 cal holds more rounds, so i only have the one Mag plus one chambered. Not that i will need that much, just want to be prepared and comfortable.

My usual carry is one openly and one concealed. Although sometimes I will carry one openly and two concealed.

I don't believe in the one gun and extra mags thing... because sometimes guns themselves mess up badly enough to require too much time to clear. And 83 and a half mags won't help if the gun itself is messed up badly enough to require more than a tap/rack/bang thing.

Besides.. I can get to my BUG faster than fooling around changing mags. And it's already good to go.

But then... that is just me... Y'all do what you think is best for you.

Usually 2.
Makarov on my belt at 2:00 and an LCP with an extra mag in a front pocket. When I am at the office, the Makarov may or may not be in my briefcase. I live in a bad neighborhood that is getting worse by the day. My rationale for carrying 2 is that an extra magazine won't help if the weapon malfunctions.

I always carry guns in pairs. I believe in the New York Reload and back up for a disabled weapon. I also believe that going for a backup gun is not the time to change operating systems.

One gun, two moon clips or mags. When I was in LE, I carried two backups with my duty weapon. One small auto tucked into the elastic band on my vest and Mod 62 with a bobbed hammer in an ankle holster.

The most I have concealed is 3. Was wearing a suit as well. One left ankle G27, right breast pocket LCP w/ CT, and Sig P229 .357 on belt.

I carry IWB with an extra mag and a BUG in an ankle holster. The extra mag is in a Safariland horizontal pouch; it looks like I'm carrying a multi-tool. I got the ankle holster after reading Massad Ayoob's "The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry" Link Removed where he describes a number of people saved specifically because of an ankle gun. While it's definitely NOT the place for your primary, it's perfect while driving, because an IWB is very difficult to get to in a car, especially with a seat belt. It's also probably the easiest way to get to a BUG if you end up on the ground. I love my Galco ankle holster with the optional calf strap. The calf strap isn't necessary, but I like the extra piece of mind I get with it on. However, I've also read a lot of guys who say they hate ankle carry, because it's really uncomfortable for them. But it's definitely worth a try, especially if you already own a sub-compact or pocket gun.

Primary: 1 x 9mm with 10+1, 2 extra mags. BUG: 1 x .38 snub with 5 rds. Lockblade folder because guns don't usually work too well for eating a pork chop.

Only one right now but I will add a Glock 26 next time I go to town. One spare magazine, folding knife, light.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back