NRA members! Check in!

What type of membership are you?

• Total voters
I'm guessing a lot of folks I buy guns and gear from send my info to NRA. Just got a letter today asking me to join and then saying right off what an jerk Obama was.

Well sorry folks, I proudly voted for President Obama and the ONLY interest I might have in joining the NRA might be adding some less crazy members to the ranks...enough to influence policy. Doubt that's possible.

IF you want liberals to join the NRA you can start by not blasting the President. Focus on the issues not the personalities.

I'm a proud liberal Demcrat who strongly supports the Second Amendment - there are lots of us folks. You need to seek our support on what we have in common - not drive us away with hate messages.

If the President supported gun rights then the NRA would support him.

Since Obama is about as Anti-gun as any President could be I expect the NRA will continue to blast him in their literature they distribute. If you want them to not blast the President...don't vote for a President that hates the 2nd Amendment!

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Well, one of the reasons I voted for our half-Irish president again last year was that he allowed concealed carry in National Parks and Recreation areas. I live in an area surrounded by National Parks and Recreation areas - Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Zion, et.al. Most folks think of the crowded areas of those parks - where if you listen it sounds like the lobby of the U.N. with all the foreign languages. But there are also miles of frontier backroads in the parks where anyone with common sense would want to have a gun along. Knowing he signed off on this bill within a bill makes it damned hard for me to see him as anti-second ammendment. He's pro abortion and if Lazar would have been aborted his mother and a lot of other babies and teachers would still be alive today and he'd be just as dead. The answer isn't gun control - its abortion rights.

Yes Obama did sign a bill that contained an amendment to allow CCW in National Parks.

It was the "Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure act of 2009" but the amendment was introduced by Republican Senator Tom Coburn of OK. and was fully supported by the NRA

I am glad he signed it though! With everything going on today if you still believe he is pro gun, pro 2nd amendment then there is nothing I can do to show you the light. As for your other comments about abortion being the answer...wow. Since that would derail this thread significantly I will not respond in full but I will point out that it is already legal and has been for decades so your point is quite frankly "pointless"

If you want to debate those merits further you can start a whole thread on the subject and I will happily reply

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Yes Obama did sign a bill that contained an amendment to allow CCW in National Parks.

It was the "Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure act of 2009" but the amendment was introduced by Republican Senator Tom Coburn of OK. and was fully supported by the NRA

I am glad he signed it though! With everything going on today if you still believe he is pro gun, pro 2nd amendment then there is nothing I can do to show you the light. As for your other comments about abortion being the answer...wow. Since that would derail this thread significantly I will not respond in full but I will point out that it is already legal and has been for decades so your point is quite frankly "pointless"

If you want to debate those merits further you can start a whole thread on the subject and I will happily reply

Thanks DFuller, some people don't believe a wet paint sign, until they touch it!

I've been a Life Member for over 30 years. I don't agree with everything they do, but they are the largest organization that defends our Constitutional rights. Joe Sobotka / Northwoods, Mercer WI

And some folks look a gift horse in the mouth.

So after 23 Executive Orders on gun control today....do you still think he is a pro 2nd Amendment President?

I joined the NRA last year when I got my CCW permit. When I renew this year I might become a Life Member. I might not agree with everything they say or do, but I still want them and you guys standing with me.

I joined as soon as I heard about the Connecticut school shooting because I knew what was coming from Comrade Hussein Obama. I had been planning on joining anyway, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back. From what I've seen so far, they've been spot on in defending our 2A rights and calling out the clown-in-chief for doing nothing but trying to restrict our freedoms instead of addressing the problem of violence.

Third generation NRA member and proud of it . Shooting is a right of passage and a family bonding experience .

I joined the NRA last year when I got my CCW permit. When I renew this year I might become a Life Member. I might not agree with everything they say or do, but I still want them and you guys standing with me.

I am renewing tonight! Before my wife finds out i bought $200 in ammo yesterday lol

I joined the day BEFORE the Sandy Hook shooting. Signed up for the life membership payment plan. Proud I did.

I'm still waiting for my membership package, I'm sure they are overwhelmed right now with the new membership. I want to write them and request that they publicly lower Sen. Manchan's grade.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I know I'm the one that started the pro-NRA thread that went nuts several days ago, but as a beaten-to-death New Yorker, I gotta say I am getting mighty impatient. We need help in this state, LOTS of it.
Haven't heard much on this from my beloved brethren at the NRA.
WAAaaaayyyne - you there, brother? Is this why only 5% of gun owners belong to our club?

I know I'm the one that started the pro-NRA thread that went nuts several days ago, but as a beaten-to-death New Yorker, I gotta say I am getting mighty impatient. We need help in this state, LOTS of it.
Haven't heard much on this from my beloved brethren at the NRA.
WAAaaaayyyne - you there, brother? Is this why only 5% of gun owners belong to our club?

Watch FOX News tonight. Wayne will be on. I also heard Hannity say on he radio that they are going to a gun range on his show. Too bad I only have an antenna...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back