NRA certified instructors here?

Legba

I'm looking into getting certified for handguns and was wondering if anybody had any information they would be willing to share on the process.
What you did to prepare for the course?
What caliber gun you used?
Any study materials you would suggest?
I'm looking for more in depth info than I can find on the web site. Any information would be great. Thanks

I'm looking into getting certified for handguns and was wondering if anybody had any information they would be willing to share on the process.
What you did to prepare for the course?
What caliber gun you used?
Any study materials you would suggest?
I'm looking for more in depth info than I can find on the web site. Any information would be great. Thanks

The NRA Basic Pistol Course requires all participants to start off with a .22LR pistol. Most instructors will have at least one revolver and one semi-auto pistol available for the class. I like to have several different handguns available for students to shoot during the class. Calibers I offer range from .22LR all the way up to .45acp. Depending on the students, I may also arrange for larger calibers like the .44mag and .500s&w.

No previous firearms training or experience is required. In fact, I find that student who show up with no training and an open mind usually do a lot better than students who have had some training or did some reading and had preconceived thoughts on how the course should go.

Have fun with the class and good luck!

gf

The NRA Basic Pistol Course requires all participants to start off with a .22LR pistol. Most instructors will have at least one revolver and one semi-auto pistol available for the class. I like to have several different handguns available for students to shoot during the class. Calibers I offer range from .22LR all the way up to .45acp. Depending on the students, I may also arrange for larger calibers like the .44mag and .500s&w.

No previous firearms training or experience is required. In fact, I find that student who show up with no training and an open mind usually do a lot better than students who have had some training or did some reading and had preconceived thoughts on how the course should go.

Have fun with the class and good luck!

gf

+1. Agreed on the students being open minded and like a sponge when they have no experience. I find a lot of woman also show up with THE GUN that thier husband got them without having her actuall go pick out what fits and feels good to her. Showing up with a 38 o4 357 revolver usually scares the crap out of them because they have never shot it until the day they come to class.

Dont worry about materials or reading up prior to class. You will get MORE than enough material to take home with you and what is tought in class.

Good luck and definatley have fun with it. And pass the word. The more of us the better.

Go to this NRA site :Link Removed and find an instructors course in the area you want. Sign up for the course, pass it, work with someone to work out your style of teaching, then good luck. Let me know if this is a help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back