No Glocks in MA?

Feimer74

Im coming from communist NY to vacation in Cape cod.I heard there is a no Glock Rule unless they were bought from 1998 and earlier?Is this true?My only other option is my S&W model 60 revolver.Can I carry this legally??I hear there is a list of all kinds of guns that you can not buy no more.

Im coming from communist NY to vacation in Cape cod.I heard there is a no Glock Rule unless they were bought from 1998 and earlier?Is this true?My only other option is my S&W model 60 revolver.Can I carry this legally??I hear there is a list of all kinds of guns that you can not buy no more.

The date is Sept. 13 1994. BTW what are you using to make possessing a handgun legal in Mass?
Glock magazines are the problem not the gun. The mags are hard to date and hard to prove.

That point would have saved some typing. LEO's do carry high capacity Glocks in Mass. As far as HR 218 and you carrying in Mass. I am not sure. You could always be on the safe side and buy some 10 round mags.
Just curious, where are you staying? You can PM me that if you care to.

MA does not recognize any permit from any other state but MA so you will be ILLEGAL. If you have a MA permit you are OK if you have a 10 round magazine or less.

The date is Sept. 13 1994. BTW what are you using to make possessing a handgun legal in Mass?
Glock magazines are the problem not the gun. The mags are hard to date and hard to prove.

Is the date before 09-13-94 or after that date? I have 5 Glock 22 .40S&W mags dated 9-13-94. Would mine be legal up there? I'd be willing to trade with someone if so.

MA does not recognize any permit from any other state but MA so you will be ILLEGAL. If you have a MA permit you are OK if you have a 10 round magazine or less.

Please read his post where he said he was LEO using HR 218

Is the date before 09-13-94 or after that date? I have 5 Glock 22 .40S&W mags dated 9-13-94. Would mine be legal up there? I'd be willing to trade with someone if so.

The law reads that in order for you to be "grandfathered" in you would have had to have possession of your magazines on 9/13/1994. So if you owned them on that date you are good to go. If they were made on that date how could anyone be in possession of them on that date? Never saw a Glock mag with a date stamped on them except the ones in Mass.that hold more then 10 rounds. They are stamped LEO only

You can have the normal capacity magazines, if they don't have a date code post 9/94, do not have a LEO, Military, or Export Only restricted message, or if they are are not dated at all. Many of the pre ban magazines would not be dated. There was no reason to prove when they were made prior to the ban.. I have a pile of undated 15 round factory pistol mags and 20 & 30 round AR mags.. Bought and traded in the state from dealers.. Unless the pants wetting progressive liberals change the laws to make normal citizens into felons, They are legal.. Any date stamped magazine post 09/94 is illegal because the liberals say so..

And as a non resident you don't have to worry about what you can and can't posses in the state.. The "list" pertains to residents and what they can buy in the state. I've ignored it enough to know..

The law reads that in order for you to be "grandfathered" in you would have had to have possession of your magazines on 9/13/1994. So if you owned them on that date you are good to go. If they were made on that date how could anyone be in possession of them on that date? Never saw a Glock mag with a date stamped on them except the ones in Mass.that hold more then 10 rounds. They are stamped LEO only

Wasn't 100% sure of the laws there. I know some states have a requirement that they be made before a certain date. So mine are no good for you guys. Glad Florida doesn't have those laws.

Mine are dated on the back. They were stamped due to the federal ban, but I was able to buy them anyways due to being in the Marines at the time. They also say "Restricted LE/Govt Use Only"

How would they prove you didn't have the mags before that date, if they were not date stamped, and were an old enough generation in the case of Glock mags?

I have heard of some getting around the 30 round mag bans in some states if they own a 50 Beowulf AR since a 30 round .5.56 mag is a 10 round mag for the 50 Beowulf.

in MA the way around the 10 shot mag law is to buy a gun manufactured pre- ban(94).... any gun pre-ban can ignore the 10 shot mag law.... (at least that's the way it was explained to me)

Why would you want to go from one commie state to another? The laws in both states suck for residents, but they are worse for non-residents. Non-residents can't hardly stop to pee in either state.

in MA the way around the 10 shot mag law is to buy a gun manufactured pre- ban(94).... any gun pre-ban can ignore the 10 shot mag law.... (at least that's the way it was explained to me)

I have never heard this interpretation, and would be cautious about applying it. My understanding is that the magazine limit and the AWB are two different things. A pre-ban reciever (such as on an AR) allows grandfathered use of the "evil features" like bayonet lugs and adjustable stocks, but does not to my knowledge allow use of post-ban magazines of greater than 10 round capacity. That being said, I am not a lawyer or a LEO, so someone else may be able to further clarify.

There ARE dealers in MA that are selling Gen4 Glocks :) Since the AG won't release a new approved roster some have "gone rogue".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back