No entry for LEO without a warrant.

UATKP

Uncle Al
This guy stood his ground. And it was all over a pic of his son holding his AR-style .22.

Link Removed

Wow, stuffs getting stupid out there, glad he stood his ground. I dont know if I would have reacted as professional as this guy.

Last edited:
I applaud that gentleman for standing his ground. I think I would be calling the mayor, the ag's office, & the govenor's office & some of the local tv stations & make a really big stink & make sure everyone knew what happened.

Glad you had a lawyer on speed dial. I'm sure that helped things from going too far from the police end. Most officers are good people, but a few are bullies. The picture of the kid with a gun is very nice. The kid is happy and holding the gun safely. It is also a great lesson to your kids that you stood your ground. I hope that's a freedom we're allowed to keep.

In NJ the rules and laws go out the window when it comes to illegal searches, especially when guns are involved. they have things so ahole backwards there. like another poster, I am so glad to be out of that looney bin

I applaud you for standing up to and against those police officers. The police seem to forget that they are law enforcement and not the law. I looked at the picture of the kid holding the rifle and saw nothing wrong. The weapon was pointed in a safe direction and his finger was not inside the trigger guard or on the trigger. My question then is. What was the problem? If it were me, I would take this infringement into my home my gun ownership. I am finding out who call in the complaint. I am filing a complaint against the CPS work for not showing me ID and asking why she turned her head when I was trying to take he picture. As far as the police, you as a citizen must know your rights. No warrant no entry and you do not have to answer police questions. You also have the right to request to have a marked car present if you are pulled over by an unmarked car. They will always try to intimidate you with taking your children and resisting just to have something on paper. We have to keep fighting for what is right. That is your rights!

Thank G-d for people like this that know how to stand up to an over reaching, abusive government agency. I love that this officer wouldn't giver her info or show her credentials. How dare her. She has obviously forgotten the oath that she took when she was hired.

Thank G-d for people like this that know how to stand up to an over reaching, abusive government agency. I love that this officer wouldn't giver her info or show her credentials. How dare her. She has obviously forgotten the oath that she took when she was hired.

the "officer" you are referring to is not a police officer, she is a social worker from DYFS, which is a "child protection" agency in NJ, she didn't swear to any oath of office and she has no legal authority at all.
if she see a crime being committed she like any other citizen needs to call the police and report it.
the police officers on hand, who some claim were acting professionally, but IHMO were there as intimidation were the 4 cops.
the home owner should have demanded that the cops remove the DYFS agent from his home, arresting her if necessary.
This is typical for NJ where the cops will trample your rights if you allow them to, for the most part these small town barney's are poorly schooled in the law and are bullies.

Good job! I wonder how long before one of the "police can do no wrong" members of this forum labels this as a cop bashing thread, though.... :-<

Good job! I wonder how long before one of the "police can do no wrong" members of this forum labels this as a cop bashing thread, though.... :-<
you need to understand, the person in the wrong is the DYFS agent, the cops, according to the reports, were just there as "protection" for the DYFS agent. some call if protection I would characterize the police presence as intimidation.

you need to understand, the person in the wrong is the DYFS agent, the cops, according to the reports, were just there as "protection" for the DYFS agent. some call if protection I would characterize the police presence as intimidation.

The OP in the linked thread kept using the word "they" so I assumed he was saying that the police officers were the ones asking to search his property and making the usual B.S. threats, but maybe he was referring to DYFS as a department rather than the individual female case worker.

The OP in the linked thread kept using the word "they" so I assumed he was saying that the police officers were the ones asking to search his property and making the usual B.S. threats, but maybe he was referring to DYFS as a department rather than the individual female case worker.

I don't know what your source of info is.
I got my account of the incident from the DE open carry forum, and if I remember correctly the affected party stated that the cops acted professionally, stayed out of his domicile while the DYFS agent was attempting to search for and examine the weapons.

They showed up and wanted proof that his guns were legal for what...this?

Link Removed

Around here, if you don't get laughed at and ridiculed until you hang up, you might get arrested for filing a false report. Pretty much every single gun owner in WI teaches his kids to shoot. My 5 year old already knows how to shoot.

What freedom loving father doesn't have a picture of his kid posing with the gun?

On another note, a knock on my door over this type of BS will be welcomed. I'm itching for a fight with the antis

The only idiot in this situation is the poster's wife. The government workers wanted to investigate, and the wife gave them consent. They didnt do anything wrong. Maybe the guy should post about how dumb his wife is rather than about how the government almost got into his safe.... with his wife's consent.

If they actually wanted to get a search warrant, they would have made the man and his wife wait outside of the house while they filled out the paperwork and got a judge to sign off.

The poster was right about one thing though, it can happen fast... when you give them consent to enter your house without a warrant.

I don't know what your source of info is.
I got my account of the incident from the DE open carry forum, and if I remember correctly the affected party stated that the cops acted professionally, stayed out of his domicile while the DYFS agent was attempting to search for and examine the weapons.

We must be reading different stories then. My source of information is the link in the OP:

This guy stood his ground. And it was all over a pic of his son holding his AR-style .22.

Link Removed

"The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.
I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did.
"

Page 2:
"That's why as soon as I got home I directed them all back outside"

"One cop went to make a phone call and said "I need you do go over there". I replied "your standing on my property and if anyone is moving its you"

So, I think you may not be remembering corrctly:
if I remember correctly the affected party stated that the cops acted professionally, stayed out of his domicile while the DYFS agent was attempting to search for and examine the weapons.

If they actually wanted to get a search warrant, they would have made the man and his wife wait outside of the house while they filled out the paperwork and got a judge to sign off.

I can't claim to be a legal eagle, but I do not believe the cops have a right to demand anyone vacate their own home while they stand around inside, unattended and filling out paperwork and then waiting for a judge to sign off on a search warrant. They can bloody well wait outside, themselves, until such time as they have been given legal entry.

I can't claim to be a legal eagle, but I do not believe the cops have a right to demand anyone vacate their own home while they stand around inside, unattended and filling out paperwork and then waiting for a judge to sign off on a search warrant. They can bloody well wait outside, themselves, until such time as they have been given legal entry.

If with probable cause, they believe evidence will be destroyed, they will make you leave the house, then go clear the house to make sure everyone is out, and then get a warrant.

If I walk by your house and see your meth lab through your open blinds, I dont have to sit there and watch you flush all the meth down the toilet while I get a warrant. Along with having probable cause to search your home based on plain view, I could make you wait outside while I go the safer route of getting a warrant.

NavyLCDR, I do not think it is a cop bashing thread. I was a cop for 20 yrs in the military and Dep. Sheriff in 2 states. I would like to say that there are bad examples in every profession and usually that is because of poor leadership. I applaud this man for standing tall backed up by his rights. I know I would have been hard pressed not to say what was on my mind. I hope he takes it further, maybe sues all parties there as well as their departments. Cop is not always a bad word, as reverend is not always a good word, in my experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back