No Deadly Weapon Signs in Kentucky with permit

901-Memphis

I live in Kentucky and have a CCDW permit. I know about the places i can not carry by state law, but how do you guys treat No Deadly Weapon Signs even with a permit?

I am most concerned with places like my local library which i go to frequently and they have the "Deadly Weapons Prohibited in this Facility" Sign posted.

Is this one of those cases where i can carry but i have to leave if asked to for carrying? Or is a place like that against the law even for permit holders?

I live in Kentucky and have a CCDW permit. I know about the places i can not carry by state law, but how do you guys treat No Deadly Weapon Signs even with a permit?

I am most concerned with places like my local library which i go to frequently and they have the "Deadly Weapons Prohibited in this Facility" Sign posted.

Is this one of those cases where i can carry but i have to leave if asked to for carrying? Or is a place like that against the law even for permit holders?

The signs carry no legal weight.

You have to be asked to leave and if you refuse you can be charged with criminal trespass.

Check your local and state ordinances...

Check your local and state ordinances...A public Library is possibly a community/gov't building. It may be illegal depending on local/state ordinances.

Well, in Indiana if the sign is posted, you are breaking the law to go there while carrying. That information came from the ISP. I called them and asked. I was not able to go to the main library, in this town, while carrying last fall. I waited about two hours, for my wife and daughter, outside. I have no problem in the branch libraries though.:biggrin:

In Ohio if it is posted on the door carring inside is a jailable/fine offense plus you can lose you license. I have carried into the places because I forgot, but if it is concealed who is going to know, just don't make a scene and get in and out fast. That is what I did.

P.S. I am not a lawyer, this is just my experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back