News calls 7 guns an arsenal

aacx22

Tested Selected Initiated
I guess you can really tell when someone isn't an owner at all... To me, that sounds like a pretty small collection. Just for the heck of it I thought up as many of my hand tools as I could come up with and here's my list:

Hammer
Mallet
Phillips screwdriver (lg, med, sm)
Flat screwdriver (lg, med, sm)
Assorted "American" Wrenches
Assorted "Metric" Wrenches
Pliers
Socket wrench (lg, sm)
Socket set (American)
Socket set (Metric)
Assorted clamps
Crosscut saw
Back saw
Keyhole saw
Coping saw
Assorted wood chisels
Assorted wood files
Assorted trowels
Assorted taping knives
Folding hex keys

Everything there has a purpose and I really need all of it. Similarly, each of my guns has a purpose... it's not like a one and done thing. Watching the news definitely reinforced to me how much we are hurt by misinformation and the resulting public perception.

WOW! I have what I consider a modest firearm collection but it is well over 7. I guess this would be considered by the news agency as enough firearms to arm an army.

The news says MaoBama is great. The best ever. Propaganda by any other name. Too bad we don't have articles of sedition anymore.

The news in question is where this stalker dude shows up at 1am, wakes Sandra Bullock, she hides out in a safe room, and he gets arrested. They are just going on and on about how he had at home this huge arsenal of weapons.... 7.

...by definition, the term is not quantified.....

ar·se·nal noun \ˈärs-nəl, ˈär-sə-\
: a collection of weapons

: a place where weapons are made or stored

: a group of things or people that are available to be used

Full Definition of ARSENAL

a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment
b : a collection of weapons
: store, repertoire "the team's arsenal of veteran players"

See arsenal defined for English-language learners »

Examples of ARSENAL

The city is home to a federal arsenal.
Doctors have a broad arsenal of medicines to choose from.
the team's arsenal of veteran players

Arsenal - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

The news in question is where this stalker dude shows up at 1am, wakes Sandra Bullock, she hides out in a safe room, and he gets arrested. They are just going on and on about how he had at home this huge arsenal of weapons.... 7.
Yeah, 7 is an arsenal. But some of us would have an armory if they all hadn't fallen overboard when the rogue wave hit.:wink: We might have 7 of one type of weapon.:biggrin:

I guess you can really tell when someone isn't an owner at all... To me, that sounds like a pretty small collection. Just for the heck of it I thought up as many of my hand tools as I could come up with and here's my list:

Hammer
Mallet
Phillips screwdriver (lg, med, sm)
Flat screwdriver (lg, med, sm)
Assorted "American" Wrenches
Assorted "Metric" Wrenches
Pliers
Socket wrench (lg, sm)
Socket set (American)
Socket set (Metric)
Assorted clamps
Crosscut saw
Back saw
Keyhole saw
Coping saw
Assorted wood chisels
Assorted wood files
Assorted trowels
Assorted taping knives
Folding hex keys

Everything there has a purpose and I really need all of it. Similarly, each of my guns has a purpose... it's not like a one and done thing. Watching the news definitely reinforced to me how much we are hurt by misinformation and the resulting public perception.
To the progressive, metrosexual, pavement-pounding, urban liberal that's an arsenal of bludgeons and weapons. If you see an urban liberal with a hammer in his hand he's probably a hammer salesman.

The funnier thing is the MSM considers 300-500 rounds of ammo a CACHE. that's a good day at the range for most of us. Or if taking a training course the average amount needed for training for the day/days

The funnier thing is the MSM considers 300-500 rounds of ammo a CACHE. that's a good day at the range for most of us. Or if taking a training course the average amount needed for training for the day/days
1 day class can easily burn 500 rounds of handgun ammo. Evening at the range can go thru 500 rounds of rifle ammo. Or 1000 rounds if it is the M1 Carbines. Even with the 5 second/round rule and the inspect target time, you can go thru 500 per hour.

Apparently I've got a cache in my car alone(flame suit on). I never know when I'll have that urge to go to the range on my way home from work.

I have a gun arsenal and an ammo cache by theses standards, but I would not consider myself to have an excessive amount of either. It's sad how they come up with these arbitrary numbers that in reality mean nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One more gun than I have constitutes an arsenal. 100 rounds of ammo more than I have is an ammo cache. Both are moving targets, so to speak.

I think 6-12 guns is called a gaggle of guns but if you could supply your township with arms then you might be a redneck....err.....I mean arsenal.

I have a gun arsenal and an ammo cache by theses standards, but I would not consider myself to have an excessive amount of either. It's sad how they come up with these arbitrary numbers that in reality mean nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is used to scare the sheeple

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back