New (to me) Kel Tec P-11 9mm

jcrider

I just purchased a Kel Tec P-11 9mm for my concealed carry. O had been carrying a Bersa Thunder .380 and bought the KT for $200 tax included from a local pawn shop. Seems to shoot well and is certainly easy to carry and conceal. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

kel-tec p-11

You got a good deal for $200, for more info on the kel-tec and their guns hit their web site. Also, kel-tec blog has a lot of upgrades, sights, mag
extenions, and info on the "fluff and buff"..
i have been carring a kel-tec for 6 yrs,and my wife carries the P32, they make a great gun.. good luck, and good shooting

+1 on your choice. For the $$ you can not beat Keltec. I've got the P11, P32, P3AT and Sub2K in 9mm. They aren't competition tack drivers but after a good fluff and buff and a good break in (200 rds minimum) they are solid and accurate at the ranges you'll need them in a self defense situation.

Some people complain about the long and heavy trigger pull but that doesn't bother me. You can get a lighter spring from KT. Also their customer service is outstanding.

good choice.... i carry one daily.... personally i carry with the factory 12 round mag and a belt clip .....some ppl prefer holsters....

One, two, three...

I have three of them. Enough said? But i can continue.... I bought one new and a week later was talking about it at a gun store, and a guy comes up and says something like "It's a plastic piece of ****- I hate mine." I asked what he carries. He says 1911s only. Ok, how much do you want for it? He says $100.00. I said; SOLD! The third one was the two-tone. I bought it new.

I am pretty sure you will like it. $200.00 is a good deal. If you don't like it, you will get that $200.00 back easily.
I did experience some rusting of the original finish due to body sweat. I spent the money to have the two blued ones Dura-coated. It's worth the money.

Thanks everyone! I happend to sit w/a Deputy in my area and a Homeland Security Agent tonight. Both had very different views of my little Kel Tec, and both suggested carrying a Glock .40 or .45 but I really think that was bc that is what they carry. It def has a longer and harder trigger pull, but I really do like this little gun so far!

I have a PF9 and love it. I carry it in a pocket holster mostly. I am thinking about getting a IWB holster for it. Good choice and good shooting.

I've had an SU16A for I don't know, 6 or 7 years now I guess, and I love it.

Late last year we bought a PF9 for my wife. She had a CZ RAMI, which she liked and shot well with, but which she never would carry because of the weight. I think the RAMI and the P11 are about the same size/weight, and I carry a RAMI comfortably almost all the time, so carrying should be no problem for most guys, just a bit hefty for my wife.

Kel-Tec makes an awesome product though. So awesome in fact, that you can rarely just walk into a well-stocked gun store and buy one off the shelf. They're always back-ordered, which says something about their demand, and demand usually says something about the public's perception of their quality, and in my experience, I'd agree with what it says about that. The PF9 was bought new and hasn't been shot a lot, but we did go through the recommended break-in plus another 100 or so I guess. The rifle has had several thousand rounds through it without a single hiccup since I've had it, and I bought it lightly used.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Blues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back