New Mexico Drops Virginia and Florida Concealed Carry Reciprocity Agreements

themac

New Mexico has dropped Virginia & Florida as states it honors. VA does not require a Shooting Qualification and Fingerprints are not Mandatory. That is the word I got from the VA State Police for the reason VA was dropped. NM Is just stating Florida’s Requirements are not similar to New Mexico’s. From what I am hearing and seeing this may not be the last state that NM will drop.
Link Removed

I just sent my non res permit app in about three weeks ago to VA. and had to send fingerprint cards with it. When did they stop requiring fingerprints?

I just sent my non res permit app in about three weeks ago to VA. and had to send fingerprint cards with it. When did they stop requiring fingerprints?

It literally JUST happened, not sure if it actual took effect yet or not. I though it didn't until July 1st. I'm not sure if it applies to Non-Resident permits though. We get our permits from the County Police or SD, since Non-Res deal with the State Police it might be different.

Sounds to me like NM got a new guy in the administration who is trying to make a name for himself. It's a silly thing to drop VA and FL after honoring for so long.

New Mexico has dropped Virginia & Florida as states it honors. VA does not require a Shooting Qualification and Fingerprints are not Mandatory. That is the word I got from the VA State Police for the reason VA was dropped. NM Is just stating Florida’s Requirements are not similar to New Mexico’s. From what I am hearing and seeing this may not be the last state that NM will drop.
Link Removed

Hopefully they work it out, VA isn't dropping NM, yet at least.

Will someone please tell the moron who writes the NM reciprocity page that the state abbreviation for Hawaii is HI, not HA.

Hawaii: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/Vol03_Ch0121-0200D/HRS0134/HRS_0134-0009.htm NM permits not recognized by HA and NM does not recognize HA permits as they are not substantially similar to NM.

How about we refer to New Mexico as NO instead based on their new policies.

A couple of years ago, I noticed that my Florida (nonresident) permit was the only one I had that was good in New Mexico, so I obtained a Virginia (nonresident) permit as a backup. Luckily, I also later obtained an Arizona (nonresident) permit, which is all that covers me now that New Mexico has dropped both Florida and Virginia.

It now appears that of the 21 states whose permit New Mexico honors, only Arizona issues to nonresidents.

"Until NM notices the loophole and drops reciprocity for non-res permits!"

Shhh!

Actually, I failed to notice that NM honors North Dakota and Texas, both of which issue nonresident permits. (Of course, ND's is hardly the most popular nonresident permit to obtain. I think applicants have to show up in person. As I remember, there's a catch to obtaining a Texas nonresident permit, too.)

In VA, Resident Permits are issued by the local county court/sheriff and fingerprints are optional and most counties don't require them. (They were not required by my issuing county). Non-Resident permits are issued by the State Police and fingerprints are required. In both instances evidence of training is required but it doesn't have to include a shooting requirement.

hold on i just spoke to the florida dept of licencing & im bieng told that its not true florida stills recognizes new mexico & viseversa. & since im an fla ccw holder like the other million ccw holders in both states, the reps dont want no confusions so they will contact new mexico & inform them about this info...

Here is the New Mexico reciprocity agreements page, and it clearly states that It doesn't honor FL and VA licenses!
Link Removed

New Mexico dropped Utah's about 2 years ago or so. So it may not be someone new in office making this happen.

That article is from 2005..........

The Concealed handgun Act is from 2005, reciprocity changes. This thread is from 4 DAYS ago. NM dropped reciprocity with VA last week as far as I know. That's when I got the update from VCDL which is our Pro-Gun org in VA.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back