I live in Upstate New York ,my daughter was a victim of domestic violence he only got 16 months.They have 2 children which are with me alot if he tries to get into my house or attacks mt daughter do i have the right to user deadly force since i know i am in danger.He is a big guy

I assume you are familiar with whatever you consider your "deadly force". Whatever it is, learn how to use it with a reputable instructor and practice to the extent that you are very familiar with it. Welcome to the forum and I suggest you peruse it a bit--it is amazing how much you can learn from what members have to say. My best wish to you would be that you never are put in a position where any of this is ever used.

I would suggest that you do a lot of soul searching. Are you wanting to hurt the guy because you feel anger and resentment towards him for hurting your daughter? Having those feelings is understandable but they're not a reason or excuse to shoot the guy no matter how much you might want to. Since he has two children with your daughter, unless the courts have said otherwise, he has a right to see his children. Has your daughter got a restraining order against him? You could give us a bit more info to work with.

When we decide to buy a gun we have to hold ourselves to a much higher standard than to people who aren't carrying, and using it against another person should be a last resort. I'm not from N.Y., so here's an article that might give you a general idea when it's legal to use deadly force in N.Y. It would also be a good idea to talk with an attorney who is familiar with the laws. This article is from January, 2013 and it's possible laws have changed. As you read, it looks like the whole article isn't there, but scroll down below the map - it continues there and the death penalty info is part of it. Hope it helps and Good luck !

New York Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Facts and Myths

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back