New Member Welcome Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathon, welcome from NW Florida. I saw your post for AL OC meetings. Hope you get good turn out.

Hello! I just joined the site today and am excited to look around and see what I can learn. I'm from NJ and have been visiting a friend up in Maine the last few months and have found my new favorite hobby! I am in the process of getting my firearms permit in NJ so am very excited to get things started.

Christina :happy:

Hello from Ohio..... been around guns all my life but New to CCW. Just finished my class yesterday and I'm headed for the
Sheriff's office tomorrow....... Great site LOTS of good info!

Howdy,

Signing in from Central Arkansas. You can call me Griff. I'm AD USAF, married w/children, pretty much raised around firearms and have had to carry a sidearm as a part of my duties for some small part of my career. I like the Springfield Armory XD line of pistols and get a great deal of enjoyment out of going to the range and shooting on a fairly regular basis.

I think it has to do w/preparing for the pending Zombie Apocalypse.

Link Removed

Anyhow, I'll mostly be a lurker here. Already picked up some interesting info.

EDIT: Now this post shows up! :)

Guess I'll give this another try........

Been lurking for about a month. I'm Griff, AD USAF, married w/children and only recently re-discovered personal firearms. Since we no longer live in base housing, I felt a good idea to re-visit the subject. I really like the Springfield XD Series and have been out shooting just about every weekend, on average, since getting back in to the subject. It's good practice for the coming Zombie Apocalypse, after all.

Thanks.

I've got both the XD-40 and XD-40 SC. I've shot about 1,000 rounds thru the SC so far, and about 350 thru the 4". I like that they've both got very little kick compared to what I thought they'd have and that they're both extremely easy to field strip and clean - no special tools needed! The SC will be my CC once I get my CHL.

I'd heard very good stories from my father and a couple of friends who own XD's - most of them have the XD-45 - and how they shoot. Picked both of these XD's up at the BX, as they're now selling firearms at the Little Rock AFB BX. No sales tax and the prices were very comparable to what I'd pay for one off-base, in some instances cheaper than I'd pay off-base.

A Carolina howdy, 06

Greetings, salutations, hallucinations, and adulations-lol. Just stumbled onto the site and glad it is here. Good to see so much info for those who travel with firearms. I started carrying constantly after a friend was robbed and killed while working in his garden just behind his home. We always travel as if we might have to walk back home. Some of us "gun nuts/pioneering skills" nuts started having bi annual mtgs several yrs ago. Every April/ Oct. we usually meet at a shooting sports 4-H camp in NC (Millstone) and enjoy the facilities, food, fellowship. Hope to get to know many here. Have enjoyed many years of deer hunting and plinking. Fired competition while in the Corps a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.Now I am content to piddle in the raised beds, corn patch, shooting range, ponds, and try to keep "Moma 6" from getting too many things piled up on the "honey do" list-lol. I parked my Warthog for a little Makarov for every day usage. The 357 is my hunting sidearm and occasional carry. Getting my old Colt 1911 refurbished with a new hammer/sear/trigger spring/throat polished/ and lightened trigger pull. Should be ready to go again. It's next stop will be a re parkerizing job. If any are local to the carolinas plan on coming to our wee gatherings-Oct. is the next one.

Hi. New to Open Carry. Am former military and recently obtained my HCP. Looking forward to getting to know the people here and enjoying the discussions.

Do not know if my first intro got zapped or not so here goes again. I recognize several names here and am glad to say hello to all. Am "06" or variant on several sites -- guess it is because I primarily shoot 06s of various designs-- lol. I do have a few of inferior calibers but try to hide it, snicker. Love deer hunting and keeping 'em "in the black". Am just an old country boy redneck who loves gardening, prepping, and The Lord. Guess I fall into that kenyan category of a "bitter clinger". Hope I fit in with folks here-- nice site.

New member in New York (Rochester)

Great site! Thanks for the resources~

~~Dave

Glock 19, Colt Trooper Mk III, Ruger Mk II

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose." James Earl Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back